- Fans talking Ravens on The Fan. #cmonman 11 hours ago
- Nice outing by Hammel. #orioles 12 hours ago
- Mickey Tettleton is here! #Orioles instagram.com/p/ZomX1kosRB/ 13 hours ago
- I could've made dinner in between pitches by Kuroda. So slow. 13 hours ago
- Cool shades, Yankee bros. #letsgoOs (@ Oriole Park at Camden Yards - @mlb for New York Yankees vs Baltimore Orioles) 4sq.com/Z0Mo7Y 15 hours ago
- We need to get Buck to narrate something. He's a character. #Orioles 1 day ago
- RT @roarfrom34: That about sums it up. #Orioles #Dickerson http://t.co/Ci5FodemMS 1 day ago
- #winning #Orioles 1 day ago
- Wieters hosed again. 1st base umpire is terrible tonight. Back to back plays almost. 2 days ago
- What a terrible call at 1st base. Terrible! BTW, what is on Gardner's hand? A cup? 2 days ago
a collection of random thoughts and ideas from me, her, and sometimes us
Monthly Archives: April 2011
April 20, 2011Posted by on
So the other morning, I went and had an MRI. Nothing major, mostly for exploratory reasons. Everyone has seen an MRI machine on TV before so I knew what to expect. Ultimately it is what I would expect space travel to be like.
You get slid into a tube that isn’t much bigger than you body and they start the machine. At first, I was wondering if I was in Star Wars or outer space with all the wild noises, but after the internet radio kicked on, it wasn’t bad. A little Jimmy Buffett to sooth the soul.
I can understand why anyone with spaces issues would flip out, but I was really calm. Really the hardest part was trying to lay still for 45 minutes. Not to sound rude, but the tube was only a little bigger than me, especially after they strap a cage over your face and put a mirror over your face so you can see your feet/end of the tube, so is there a special MRI machine for obese people? Was thinking about that after I left.
Anyway, just thoughts that were on the mind.
April 12, 2011Posted by on
the last couple weekends i have traveled down to my alma mater (Elon University) for some alumni events and it made me wonder, how do others travel? I don’t fly because of control issues so driving is my number one item. I also always over pack. Left last Friday and returned Sunday afternoon and was barely. I easily had 4 options for clothing, 3 pair of shoes, 3 hats, and more. i guess this is a result of me always worrying that if i get stuck somewhere, i’d want to have an extra pair of clothes, not that i couldn’t buy another pair if i got stuck somewhere though.
outside of clothing, we always pack snacks and lots of drinks. i usually eat breakfast in the hotel and avoid the free breakfast, although i always use their milk for my cereal in the morning.
do you have any special quirks when you travel?