- Photo: Ready for the start of the Black Eye Susan Race. #preakness #bes tmblr.co/ZzphZvlCxL5m 16 hours ago
- Ready for the start of the Black Eye Susan Race. #preakness #bes instagram.com/p/ZbiKS5IsVK/ 16 hours ago
- Black Eye Susan Races! (@ Pimlico Race Course - @preaknessstakes w/ @clm925 @iamlivlane) 4sq.com/17Fq0pR 23 hours ago
- Photo: I just unlocked the The Office Series Finale sticker on GetGlue 5779 others have also unlocked the... tmblr.co/ZzphZvl98vSr 1 day ago
- I unlocked the The Office Series Finale sticker on #GetGlue! #TheOffice, #OfficeFinale getglue.com/stickers/nbc/t… 1 day ago
- I unlocked the The Office: The Office Retrospective sticker on #GetGlue! #TheOffice, #OfficeFarewell getglue.com/stickers/nbc/t… 1 day ago
- Photo: I just unlocked the The Office: The Office Retrospective sticker on GetGlue 4465 others have also... tmblr.co/ZzphZvl8ptbP 1 day ago
- I unlocked the I Spy Funny Coming Soon sticker on #GetGlue! #comedyweek @youtube getglue.com/stickers/youtu… 1 day ago
- I'm at Aida Bistro & Wine Bar (Columbia, MD) 4sq.com/12yQqoQ 1 day ago
- We'll see them soon. #badpun MT @kenulman: Great to have @lululemon come to @MallInColumbia! Looking forward to welcoming them & others. 1 day ago
a collection of random thoughts and ideas from me, her, and sometimes us
Tag Archives: laws
November 19, 2011Posted by on
has anyone noticed that everyone is still texting while driving? last year, maryland took the first steps into the giving out fines for texting while driving, but it was a secondary offense so no one really cared. now this year, back in october, the new texting law went into affect and yet everyone is still texting while driving.
on a daily basis, i see lots of people texting while driving (myself included on occasion). the most interesting person i’ve notice that are texting while driving is the police. all levels of police, local, state, auxiliary, etc. and all the time. i guess no one, including law enforcement, still cares about the new texting while driving law in maryland.
per the baltimore sun politics blog on sept 30th:
Drivers who are ticketed can still choose to accept guilt and pay a $70 fine (plus one point on their license). If the texting leads to an accident, accepting guilt means an automatic $110 fine and three points.
Drivers who contest the tickets and lose in court will be guilty of a misdemeanor and have to pay the full $500.
guess everyone will just plead guilty and not care about the fine/point if they get caught? i’ll pass. not worth the point or the fine.
oh yeah, and don’t forget to watch out for new speed cameras in Howard County! locations are listed on the police website and it’s a $40 fine if caught.