- The swing plays but that Adley stache definitely does not play. 🤣#Birdland 4 days ago
- Between the is Lamar at mini camp talk and the Angelos statement this morning, local sports radio sounds like nails on the chalkboard. 2 weeks ago
- Just posted a photo instagram.com/p/CepPcwDr7I3/… 2 weeks ago
- Adley with mimic of the umpire’s call is the best part. twitter.com/Orioles/status… 3 weeks ago
- With Grayson Rodriguez likely going to the IL, is it going to be DL Hall call up time? #birdland 3 weeks ago
- Happy Memorial Day! Thank you to all those who have served and scarified their lives for us! #mdw #usa #chalkart instagram.com/p/CeMDKPhLN1X/… 4 weeks ago
- Bats were hot tonight. Look out! #Birdland 1 month ago
a collection of random thoughts and ideas from me, her, and sometimes us
the great nebraska adventure
November 13, 2010Posted by on
during the week of halloween, my wife and made a trip to see her father in nebraska. since i don’t fly, we drove from maryland to lincoln, nebraska. she refers to it as the great nebraska adventure. i refer to it as 2,655 miles in 7 days and 40 plus hours in the car. nonetheless, it certainly was an adventure.
having never left the east coast in my life and enjoying car rides, i assumed this trip to a neat way to see some more of this great country. well, we did see a lot of somethings and nothing of others. once we got past the middle of ohio, all we saw for endless hours were cornfields and silos. no wonder they called the midwest, the dust bowl. not only did we see cornfields and silos, we saw lots of roadkill. we counted over 45 deer and easily 100+ other types. everything from squirrels and raccoons to skunks and cats.
the people of nebraska are nice people. kind of what i would expect from good farmer working people; however, they do have some interesting places outside of maryland. in PA, we saw the Eat ‘N Park. there was Tom Raper’s RV’s in the Indiana or Illnois. And to save the best for last, in Lincoln, we saw the Git ‘N Split and the Kum ‘N Go. of course, there was also sinclair’s gas station, which had a large dinosaur in front of the sign.
while we out there, we also got to go to a nebraska football game. if there’s one thing they out there it’s nebraska football. it was the 309th consecutive sellout. stadium only holds 85,907 fans. pretty small really 😉
all and all, it was an interesting place and an interesting trip. we got to see her dad for the first time since march and we had an adventure. also got to go to 6 states i had never been to before!