- Someone learned about Mother’s Day at school and his teacher said you can make something for someone you love. So I… twitter.com/i/web/status/1… 3 hours ago
- Two claps and a Ric Flair for @JMeans25! #orioles #birdland https://t.co/qtyp5tfvRV 2 days ago
- John Means! 2 days ago
- Still applies. twitter.com/zackpund/statu… 3 days ago
- Been awhile. #Birdland @ Oriole Park at Camden Yards instagram.com/p/COQi54dLV4n/… 1 week ago
- Boom! Congratulations! twitter.com/ElonWSoccer/st… 2 weeks ago
- Big yard sale day in the neighborhood. Easily the worst day of the year! And who buys other peoples junk during a pandemic? 3 weeks ago
- The runner on second base in extra innings has to be the worst rule in baseball. 1 month ago
- If the Orioles are going completely cashless this season for concessions, does that mean no vendors in the stands?… twitter.com/i/web/status/1… 1 month ago
a collection of random thoughts and ideas from me, her, and sometimes us
Tuesday: BBA and BBB
July 14, 2015Posted by on
BBA: I had an amazing surprise when I arrived this morning…he was in a “real” crib! I never thought I would be so happy to see my kiddo behind metal bars.
I also was able to participate in rounds and see the doctors, for the first time, looking incredibly positive and optimistic about next steps.
As of last night, he is only on his medication to regulate his insulin, his glucose IV, his blood thinner, and his feeding tube. All other tubes/IVs have been disconnected. Today they began aggressive bottle feeding, both increasing the quantity of food he is getting in his feeding tube and giving him a chance to bottle feed every four hours. They are also significantly reducing his glucose IV because his blood sugar continues to rise. As a direct result, they are going to start weaning him off the medication to regulate his insulin. The results of the repeat eccocardiogram came back and all initial concerns have been resolved.
Not ready for release, but much more progress and improvement and good news than we have had in the two weeks he has been in the NICU.
BBB: this afternoon we decided to go get @littlepund from daycare together. He was a big hit with the ladies! Plus, he and @littlepund got some amazingly adorable bonding in on the drive home…