- Shook his pom poms for 3 plus hours of cheering on the @elonphoenix. Tough L today. @ Delaware Stadium instagram.com/p/Bo5NZ0GgxGi/… 1 day ago
- Let’s Go Phoenix! (@ Delaware Stadium - @udelaware in Newark, DE) swarmapp.com/c/3JwI3qnnSQ7 1 day ago
- Practicing CPR with our @hcdfrs friends at the Elkridge open house! Thanks for the knowledge! #themoreyouknow… twitter.com/i/web/status/1… 2 days ago
- RT @OrioleBird: Happy Monday! Want to win something?? Retweet for a chance to win a 2018 O’s promo item of your choice! (If I have it in s… 5 days ago
- When you are having a bad morning but your kids write you a note. instagram.com/p/BotjnR1AxhR/… 6 days ago
- RT @ElonPhoenixClub: Good morning, #Elon! Happy #ElonMaroonMonday ℹ️ | bit.ly/2RxTArM #FindTheEdge #phoenixrising https://t.co/… 6 days ago
- When the @marylandzoo is like the bowler hat scene in the Thomas Crown Affair. #zoo #touchatruck @ The Maryland Zoo… twitter.com/i/web/status/1… 1 week ago
- Open House Day! Thanks for having us! #firetrucks #elkridgeVFD #firefighters #hoco @ Elkridge Volunteer Fire Depart… twitter.com/i/web/status/1… 1 week ago
- Where’s the desserts, @Elon7amTailgate? twitter.com/elonuniversity… 1 week ago
- The last touchdown reminded me how high I can jump when excited. Let’s Go Phoenix! @ElonPhoenixClub twitter.com/ElonPhoenix/st… 1 week ago
a collection of random thoughts and ideas from me, her, and sometimes us
Monthly Archives: June 2011
June 15, 2011Posted by on
so for the last year or so, my wife and i have been talking about a cross country trip this year and we had settled on a 3 week adventure and she had all the plans put together. after 3 days into the trip, i was having bad anxiety issues and we decided to turn around. we had made it from maryland to elon, nc and then to just out of knoxville, tn where we stayed in seiverville, which is just a few minutes from the great smokey mountains. our next destination was memphis.
it was a frustrating experience because i thought i had gotten past my anxiety issues and would be fine. apparently not. as i have explained it others, it’s like walking on one leg when you are having anxiety flare ups and for me, the nausea related to it. you can limp around, but you know you aren’t right and you can’t fix it like you hope you would be able to. had i really wanted to lose 10 or 15 pounds by not eating properly, it would have been a good way to do it, but would have only gotten worse and me being miserable wouldn’t been enjoyable for the wife either. so we decided to turn around and went to the Outer Banks instead. having vacationed there all my life and a free place to stay allowed us to get to a place we knew would be okay. after a few days, i was feeling better and we enjoyed a week and a half at the beach. since it was a joint decision to not continue, i don’t feel like it was the wrong decision, but disappointed it’s how it ended.
when we started out, we said we were going to go as far as we could go and that was what we did. ultimately, i am annoyed, frustrated, sad, disappointed, upset, and happy that we tried. i am disappointed for her more than anything because we were supposed to visit her dad in nebraska over this coming weekend for father’s day and that would have been a great time for her to see him since we last saw him in october. he will be out here july so we will at least get to see him soon.
upon returning to maryland from the beach, we took a couple day trips to annapolis and philadelphia to see America’s first Zoo as well as the Liberty Bell. if you haven’t seen the Liberty Bell, it’s smaller than you might expect but still worth a visit!
unfortunately, it’s back to work and telling them the same story. at least someone told me they were happy i was back.
i will post some more pictures of our trip and the fun adventure in the great smokey mountains, the Appalachian trail, gambling in Cherokee country, the weird towns of seiverville and gaitlinburg and more.