- RT @elonphoenixclub: The Elon community came together on Friday to raise over $215,000 for student-athlete scholarships at Night of the Pho… 5 hours ago
- Nothing like dropping five 10 foot boards on your foot to get the heart pumping. #ouch 1 day ago
- Rallying neighborhood support for @elonphoenix. Tough sledding today. #flamingo #snow #mdwx… instagram.com/p/BfUnbNDB7Kd/ 2 days ago
- RT @Kara_Nunnally: Happy Night of the Phoenix day!! 💛❤️ Don’t forget to check out the silent auction site here: qtego.net/qlink/elonuniv… bid… 3 days ago
- RT @elonphoenixclub: Guess what? This year's Night of the Phoenix silent auction is now LIVE online! Bid and be happy: https://t.co/PiInS… 1 week ago
- RT @littlerpund: Battle of Terra Firma. #funwithdad #adaptiveseat #dinosaurs #littlelion instagram.com/p/BfENBG3lQ3G/ 1 week ago
- When you’ve had one of those days (weeks) and you look through your photos and find this one.… instagram.com/p/BfCbfDBB6Xu/ 1 week ago
- #tbt Since we got married in 2010, this card has been in my wallet for at least 8 years. For… instagram.com/p/Be9UQBOBvyE/ 1 week ago
a collection of random thoughts and ideas from me, her, and sometimes us
Monthly Archives: October 2015
October 19, 2015Posted by on
Surgery went really well and was by all accounts a success. Since being home, BBA has been eating better, interacting more, and trying to understand what being more comfy is all about. Follow-up appointment this morning proved that he is healing well and can get a bath again (woohoo!).
Now we can settle in to normal life for a bit. Next anticipated hurdle will come in December with our next endocrine follow-up.
October 13, 2015Posted by on
On our way to the hospital. We will post updates all day on BBA’s Twitter feed:
October 5, 2015Posted by on
Prior to the ER visit two weeks ago, GI recommended that we consult with surgery to get some additional information regarding BBA’s hernia. Typically they are addressed between 1-5 years old because there is a possibility they can correct themselves.
We met with surgery last Wednesday and it was immediately determined that we would be doing surgery now – October 13 to be exact (three months and 11 days old). His hernia is so large and the muscle gap so small that there is concern his intestine can get caught and permanent, emergent damage could be done. Because of his past clotting issue and need to monitor his blood sugar, he will stay overnight.
We will post an update after surgery.