- This! Way to go, gentlemen! twitter.com/caafootball/st… 9 hours ago
- RT @Orioles: Our final Fan Appreciation Weekend giveaway: an autographed J.J. Hardy jersey! Retweet for a chance to win it. #Birdland https… 1 day ago
- When your wife is a big deal an wins an award as "Champion of the Year" for her advocacy work.… instagram.com/p/BZcdWE-hIVZ/ 1 day ago
- Yes. Nice curtain call! twitter.com/kld810/status/… 1 day ago
- James Jerry Yardy! That was sweet! #orioles 1 day ago
- Let's Go O's! #birdland #orioles @ Oriole Park at Camden Yards instagram.com/p/BZbvuVPhDi7/ 1 day ago
- I see we left our ability to tackle on the airplane. #ravens 1 day ago
- Strong 'O' during the national anthem from London. #ravens 1 day ago
- RT @Orioles: Retweet for a chance to win an O's Hooded Sweatshirt signed by the 2017 Louis M. Hatter Most Valuable Oriole: Jonathan Schoop!… 3 days ago
- What's the O's fan doing trying to catch that homer? Get out of the way. 3 days ago
a collection of random thoughts and ideas from me, her, and sometimes us
Monthly Archives: October 2015
October 19, 2015Posted by on
Surgery went really well and was by all accounts a success. Since being home, BBA has been eating better, interacting more, and trying to understand what being more comfy is all about. Follow-up appointment this morning proved that he is healing well and can get a bath again (woohoo!).
Now we can settle in to normal life for a bit. Next anticipated hurdle will come in December with our next endocrine follow-up.
October 13, 2015Posted by on
On our way to the hospital. We will post updates all day on BBA’s Twitter feed:
October 5, 2015Posted by on
Prior to the ER visit two weeks ago, GI recommended that we consult with surgery to get some additional information regarding BBA’s hernia. Typically they are addressed between 1-5 years old because there is a possibility they can correct themselves.
We met with surgery last Wednesday and it was immediately determined that we would be doing surgery now – October 13 to be exact (three months and 11 days old). His hernia is so large and the muscle gap so small that there is concern his intestine can get caught and permanent, emergent damage could be done. Because of his past clotting issue and need to monitor his blood sugar, he will stay overnight.
We will post an update after surgery.