- Shook his pom poms for 3 plus hours of cheering on the @elonphoenix. Tough L today. @ Delaware Stadium instagram.com/p/Bo5NZ0GgxGi/… 1 day ago
- Let’s Go Phoenix! (@ Delaware Stadium - @udelaware in Newark, DE) swarmapp.com/c/3JwI3qnnSQ7 1 day ago
- Practicing CPR with our @hcdfrs friends at the Elkridge open house! Thanks for the knowledge! #themoreyouknow… twitter.com/i/web/status/1… 2 days ago
- RT @OrioleBird: Happy Monday! Want to win something?? Retweet for a chance to win a 2018 O’s promo item of your choice! (If I have it in s… 5 days ago
- When you are having a bad morning but your kids write you a note. instagram.com/p/BotjnR1AxhR/… 6 days ago
- RT @ElonPhoenixClub: Good morning, #Elon! Happy #ElonMaroonMonday ℹ️ | bit.ly/2RxTArM #FindTheEdge #phoenixrising https://t.co/… 6 days ago
- When the @marylandzoo is like the bowler hat scene in the Thomas Crown Affair. #zoo #touchatruck @ The Maryland Zoo… twitter.com/i/web/status/1… 1 week ago
- Open House Day! Thanks for having us! #firetrucks #elkridgeVFD #firefighters #hoco @ Elkridge Volunteer Fire Depart… twitter.com/i/web/status/1… 1 week ago
- Where’s the desserts, @Elon7amTailgate? twitter.com/elonuniversity… 1 week ago
- The last touchdown reminded me how high I can jump when excited. Let’s Go Phoenix! @ElonPhoenixClub twitter.com/ElonPhoenix/st… 1 week ago
a collection of random thoughts and ideas from me, her, and sometimes us
Monthly Archives: October 2015
October 19, 2015Posted by on
Surgery went really well and was by all accounts a success. Since being home, BBA has been eating better, interacting more, and trying to understand what being more comfy is all about. Follow-up appointment this morning proved that he is healing well and can get a bath again (woohoo!).
Now we can settle in to normal life for a bit. Next anticipated hurdle will come in December with our next endocrine follow-up.
October 13, 2015Posted by on
On our way to the hospital. We will post updates all day on BBA’s Twitter feed:
October 5, 2015Posted by on
Prior to the ER visit two weeks ago, GI recommended that we consult with surgery to get some additional information regarding BBA’s hernia. Typically they are addressed between 1-5 years old because there is a possibility they can correct themselves.
We met with surgery last Wednesday and it was immediately determined that we would be doing surgery now – October 13 to be exact (three months and 11 days old). His hernia is so large and the muscle gap so small that there is concern his intestine can get caught and permanent, emergent damage could be done. Because of his past clotting issue and need to monitor his blood sugar, he will stay overnight.
We will post an update after surgery.