- The way it’s supposed to be... Sometimes going places with 3 kids is easy or sometimes hard. Sometimes when one ha… twitter.com/i/web/status/1… 1 day ago
- Safe to say they had fun at the birthday party. (Water started out clear 😆) #HBD #partytime #shes5now instagram.com/p/Bmo8Ki1AC7v/… 2 days ago
- Hanging with my man Cal last night. 👍🏼. #Roys50th #latergram @ Roy Rogers instagram.com/p/BmoKURCAwiv/… 3 days ago
- Beautiful stadium out here in Hagerstown. https://t.co/YOya8KJaPN 3 days ago
- 5 yr old walks out and then reminds me she needs sunscreen. Apparently it’s the worst thing ever and requires a duc… twitter.com/i/web/status/1… 4 days ago
- Impromptu birthday party at the ball game for @littlepund’s Birthday! Happy 5! #HBD #baseball #birthday #mybmore… twitter.com/i/web/status/1… 5 days ago
- Early evening swings 👍🏼. instagram.com/p/BmeynEdgKVX/… 6 days ago
- #NationalLeftHandersDay 👍🏼. Reminds me, why aren’t there left handed foam fingers? Looking at you @Orioles. 1 week ago
- This little lady turns 5 this week and she can’t get enough of reading books. It’s always circle time with her. Qui… twitter.com/i/web/status/1… 1 week ago
a collection of random thoughts and ideas from me, her, and sometimes us
Monthly Archives: October 2015
October 19, 2015Posted by on
Surgery went really well and was by all accounts a success. Since being home, BBA has been eating better, interacting more, and trying to understand what being more comfy is all about. Follow-up appointment this morning proved that he is healing well and can get a bath again (woohoo!).
Now we can settle in to normal life for a bit. Next anticipated hurdle will come in December with our next endocrine follow-up.
October 13, 2015Posted by on
On our way to the hospital. We will post updates all day on BBA’s Twitter feed:
October 5, 2015Posted by on
Prior to the ER visit two weeks ago, GI recommended that we consult with surgery to get some additional information regarding BBA’s hernia. Typically they are addressed between 1-5 years old because there is a possibility they can correct themselves.
We met with surgery last Wednesday and it was immediately determined that we would be doing surgery now – October 13 to be exact (three months and 11 days old). His hernia is so large and the muscle gap so small that there is concern his intestine can get caught and permanent, emergent damage could be done. Because of his past clotting issue and need to monitor his blood sugar, he will stay overnight.
We will post an update after surgery.