- June 25/26 vs SD. #orioles vs Manny 1 hour ago
- A careful curated box of recipes as well as a translated recipe book recently arrived at our house. Generations of… twitter.com/i/web/status/1… 2 days ago
- RT @elonuniversity: Thanks to all the friends of @ElonPhoenix for a great night of philanthropy and fellowship at the Night of the Phoenix.… 3 days ago
- Go buy something and support student athlete scholarships! twitter.com/elonphoenix/st… 4 days ago
- Great #Elon event and auction items! twitter.com/elonphoenix/st… 5 days ago
- It might look nice but it sure wasn’t. #hoco #ellicottcity #iced instagram.com/p/BtzjnWrBcxS/… 6 days ago
- 6 years since the #Ravens Super Bowl parade. 1 week ago
- Lady working at @Potbelly today sold us a soda cup knowing the soda machine wasn’t working and then looked surprise… twitter.com/i/web/status/1… 2 weeks ago
- Just hanging with my guy Chris Davis at @Orioles Fanfest! #bigfella #crusher #orioles #fanfest #letsgoOs #mybmore @… twitter.com/i/web/status/1… 3 weeks ago
- #Orioles #fanfest (@ Baltimore Convention Center in Baltimore, MD) swarmapp.com/c/7631UN7kowP 3 weeks ago
a collection of random thoughts and ideas from me, her, and sometimes us
Monthly Archives: October 2015
October 19, 2015Posted by on
Surgery went really well and was by all accounts a success. Since being home, BBA has been eating better, interacting more, and trying to understand what being more comfy is all about. Follow-up appointment this morning proved that he is healing well and can get a bath again (woohoo!).
Now we can settle in to normal life for a bit. Next anticipated hurdle will come in December with our next endocrine follow-up.
October 13, 2015Posted by on
On our way to the hospital. We will post updates all day on BBA’s Twitter feed:
October 5, 2015Posted by on
Prior to the ER visit two weeks ago, GI recommended that we consult with surgery to get some additional information regarding BBA’s hernia. Typically they are addressed between 1-5 years old because there is a possibility they can correct themselves.
We met with surgery last Wednesday and it was immediately determined that we would be doing surgery now – October 13 to be exact (three months and 11 days old). His hernia is so large and the muscle gap so small that there is concern his intestine can get caught and permanent, emergent damage could be done. Because of his past clotting issue and need to monitor his blood sugar, he will stay overnight.
We will post an update after surgery.