- RT @BarstoolBanks: There were 8 HOF voters who didn't vote for Cal Ripken. So many people are trying to figure out the one voter who didn't… 2 days ago
- It’s funny to me how Yankees fans are now “respect the game” types after the Astros news. Guess they have selective… twitter.com/i/web/status/1… 6 days ago
- Shannon speaking the truth! twitter.com/ShannonSharpe/… 1 week ago
- Well that sucked but The Fan this week will be highly entertaining. #RavensFlock 1 week ago
- Post business meeting ice cream because why not? #coldstone #firsttimer instagram.com/p/B7KYtIMDteB/… 2 weeks ago
- Watching this Terps basketball team at least once a week. https://t.co/zKkq3zfTVs 2 weeks ago
- It might have snowed but it was the first day at rock climbing class. Of course she picked the pink holds to try.… twitter.com/i/web/status/1… 2 weeks ago
- Nice win for the Terps. 2 weeks ago
- Apparently they don’t call double drills or traveling in this league. #hcyp #basketball #youthsports instagram.com/p/B68xml3lliX/… 2 weeks ago
a collection of random thoughts and ideas from me, her, and sometimes us
Monthly Archives: November 2015
November 2, 2015Posted by on
I walked into our house this afternoon and was stunned. It was silent and empty. For the first time in four months. It’s remarkable how loud silence can be. We have craved it for so long and yet it did not hit me what it meant until today.
I went back to work today. BBA and BBB started daycare. @littlepund was thrilled to have them “in school” with her.
It’s strange. The last four months have been the most mentally challenging of our lives. Every day has been hard. While we have reached what has become our new normal, we are also acutely aware that we continue to hold our breaths for the tide to come in and make everything fresh again. @littlepund is thriving. BBA continues to improve, but also continues to struggle. BBB is one of the happiest babies alive…sitting calmly waiting for his turn.
We have looked forward to today and yet it’s bittersweet. The return to our daily lives was not as momentous as we expected. But I suppose we are also waiting patiently for the day that the new normal washes away and we can confidently say all kiddos are thriving and well. For that we have some more time to wait.