- Anyone else see the F-16s flying overhead a few minutes ago? #HoCo 23 hours ago
- RT @editti22: This is all your fault, Josh Hader. 4 days ago
- Making friends! #littleventures #fallfun @ Clark's Elioak Farm instagram.com/p/B3lQweMjDXq/… 6 days ago
- If you are going to the theatre, you might as well sit right up front. #datenight #latergram… twitter.com/i/web/status/1… 1 week ago
- Remember when Nate McLouth hit the foul pole in NY in the postseason but not was called foul instead of a homer? #orioles 1 week ago
- “That’s great hustle by Garcia” might be the worst comment in this whole thing. twitter.com/mlb/status/118… 1 week ago
- Just over here on Oct 5th still getting fresh tomatoes and peppers from the garden. #FarmerZack instagram.com/p/B3S_c8uDhv6/… 1 week ago
- #Millennials twitter.com/barstoolsports… 1 week ago
- Come on Ryu. 👎🏼 1 week ago
a collection of random thoughts and ideas from me, her, and sometimes us
Monthly Archives: November 2015
November 2, 2015Posted by on
I walked into our house this afternoon and was stunned. It was silent and empty. For the first time in four months. It’s remarkable how loud silence can be. We have craved it for so long and yet it did not hit me what it meant until today.
I went back to work today. BBA and BBB started daycare. @littlepund was thrilled to have them “in school” with her.
It’s strange. The last four months have been the most mentally challenging of our lives. Every day has been hard. While we have reached what has become our new normal, we are also acutely aware that we continue to hold our breaths for the tide to come in and make everything fresh again. @littlepund is thriving. BBA continues to improve, but also continues to struggle. BBB is one of the happiest babies alive…sitting calmly waiting for his turn.
We have looked forward to today and yet it’s bittersweet. The return to our daily lives was not as momentous as we expected. But I suppose we are also waiting patiently for the day that the new normal washes away and we can confidently say all kiddos are thriving and well. For that we have some more time to wait.