- RT @elonphoenixclub: The Elon community came together on Friday to raise over $215,000 for student-athlete scholarships at Night of the Pho… 5 hours ago
- Nothing like dropping five 10 foot boards on your foot to get the heart pumping. #ouch 1 day ago
- Rallying neighborhood support for @elonphoenix. Tough sledding today. #flamingo #snow #mdwx… instagram.com/p/BfUnbNDB7Kd/ 2 days ago
- RT @Kara_Nunnally: Happy Night of the Phoenix day!! 💛❤️ Don’t forget to check out the silent auction site here: qtego.net/qlink/elonuniv… bid… 3 days ago
- RT @elonphoenixclub: Guess what? This year's Night of the Phoenix silent auction is now LIVE online! Bid and be happy: https://t.co/PiInS… 1 week ago
- RT @littlerpund: Battle of Terra Firma. #funwithdad #adaptiveseat #dinosaurs #littlelion instagram.com/p/BfENBG3lQ3G/ 1 week ago
- When you’ve had one of those days (weeks) and you look through your photos and find this one.… instagram.com/p/BfCbfDBB6Xu/ 1 week ago
- #tbt Since we got married in 2010, this card has been in my wallet for at least 8 years. For… instagram.com/p/Be9UQBOBvyE/ 1 week ago
a collection of random thoughts and ideas from me, her, and sometimes us
Monthly Archives: February 2011
February 22, 2011Posted by on
I’m not one to complain (a lot), but for those that know me, I tend to have an opinion on most things. Two things lately have been bothering.
The first is a winter issue and it has to do with cleaning off your car. Today we got a couple inches of snow and some ice. Wasn’t the easiest to clean off. Might have taken you 10 minutes instead of 5, so please take the time to clean your car. Don’t just clean off the windshield so you can see and therefore endangering others when it flies off the top of your car. I drive an SUV. I got out my brush and cleaned off the top and scrapped the windows like any good driver. I think it might actually be a law in Maryland as well. Can’t say for sure but it sounds like something this state who have. Anyway clean off your cars you clowns.
My second pet peeve is how much bathroom etiquette has gone the toilet. Pun intended. I don’t know what it is lately but please stop talking on your phone, talking to me, looking around, or leaving your newspaper in the bathroom. You aren’t that important that for the 2 minutes you are in the can, you can’t hang up the phone. Don’t get me started on blue tooth either. Also, I’d appreciate it if you didn’t talk to me. I don’t need to hear about work or the game or whatever you think I’d want to hear about in the bathroom. Not the time or the place. It’s also not the time or place to make eye contact with me. Keep it straight ahead or on the floor, gentlemen. The other thing that annoys me is people that leave their newspaper or internet articles in and around the bathroom. Have the common courtesy to take your trash with you, pal. Well that’s it for now.
In case you hadn’t read my other issues with movie etiquette, check here.
February 17, 2011Posted by on
These are two completely different food reviews, but I decided to post them together.
If you are from Maryland and you don’t know about pit beef or don’t like it, it’s a shame. Oakey’s is a little pit beef and sandwich place in @EllicottCity and it’s definitely tasty. They do a good pit beef, probably not the best but it’s pretty good. You don’t get a lot of char on the meet, but you do get a nice juicy sandwich. It’s also a large sandwich. They also have pit ham, turkey, burgers, wings, etc. Lastly they also do a great hand cut french fry. Try some ranch dressing on them! @howchowblog did a review of a few years ago as well. Worth a visit if you are looking for a local pit beef place besides The Canopy. If you buy a shirt, Steve will give you $0.50 off your fries!
Salads… I enjoy a salad like most, but if there is one salad I can’t stand, it’s a spinach salad with walnuts, goat cheese, apples, and a raspberry vinegarette dressing. There are about 8 things wrong with this salad, but I tell you this because my buddy had us over for dinner and I got a text before that said, “do you like walnuts?” Well, I instantly knew they were serving this salad. Their’s had oranges and beets. I didn’t know it could get worse, but it did. Glad I refused to eat it. So to wrap up, if you invite me over for dinner, do not try and serve me this salad. Worst. Salad. Ever. In my humble opinion of course!