- This! Way to go, gentlemen! twitter.com/caafootball/st… 9 hours ago
- RT @Orioles: Our final Fan Appreciation Weekend giveaway: an autographed J.J. Hardy jersey! Retweet for a chance to win it. #Birdland https… 1 day ago
- When your wife is a big deal an wins an award as "Champion of the Year" for her advocacy work.… instagram.com/p/BZcdWE-hIVZ/ 1 day ago
- Yes. Nice curtain call! twitter.com/kld810/status/… 1 day ago
- James Jerry Yardy! That was sweet! #orioles 1 day ago
- Let's Go O's! #birdland #orioles @ Oriole Park at Camden Yards instagram.com/p/BZbvuVPhDi7/ 1 day ago
- I see we left our ability to tackle on the airplane. #ravens 1 day ago
- Strong 'O' during the national anthem from London. #ravens 1 day ago
- RT @Orioles: Retweet for a chance to win an O's Hooded Sweatshirt signed by the 2017 Louis M. Hatter Most Valuable Oriole: Jonathan Schoop!… 3 days ago
- What's the O's fan doing trying to catch that homer? Get out of the way. 3 days ago
a collection of random thoughts and ideas from me, her, and sometimes us
Monthly Archives: November 2012
November 6, 2012Posted by on
I know I haven’t blogged in months but it’s crazy to me that earlier today people were complaining about standing in line to vote. It’s your civil duty to vote. Hundreds of thousands of people have died over the years for our democracy and people will complain about taking part in it. I am sure if they went to countries in the Far East or Middle East, they will feel the opposite.
You’ll stand in line overnight to get 50% off of a TV on Black Friday or the new version of the iPhone but you can’t wait an hour to do your civil duty?! Give me a break!
The other thing that fires me up is that people say they get intimidated at the polls. If you don’t talk or yell at the people outside the polling place, you won’t get in an argument and be afraid to cast your vote. Clearly it’s time to require valid IDs for everyone voting, they could control these things and the whole process better.
Anyway, that’s the end of my rant. Stand in line and read your ballot since you can’t use your phone and stop complaining.