- Happy Thanksgiving! 15 minutes ago
- See you on campus in 2021! Let’s go Phoenix! twitter.com/CollegeGameDay… 5 days ago
- Team has been destroyed by injuries. Going to be tough sledding the rest of the season. 1 week ago
- How about we run a 4th and 1 play that is standard and not fumble a trick play direct snap to Ingram? 1 week ago
- Who needs broccoli the size of your head? #FarmerZack #photobomb instagram.com/p/CHl6igoDz4E/… 1 week ago
- The Mac and cheese wall. twitter.com/grahamelliot/s… 1 week ago
- Just posted a photo instagram.com/p/CHRizglD0UQ/… 2 weeks ago
- Talk about swallowing your whistle at the end of a game. It’s probably on Steelers bus going back home. 3 weeks ago
a collection of random thoughts and ideas from me, her, and sometimes us
Monthly Archives: November 2012
November 6, 2012Posted by on
I know I haven’t blogged in months but it’s crazy to me that earlier today people were complaining about standing in line to vote. It’s your civil duty to vote. Hundreds of thousands of people have died over the years for our democracy and people will complain about taking part in it. I am sure if they went to countries in the Far East or Middle East, they will feel the opposite.
You’ll stand in line overnight to get 50% off of a TV on Black Friday or the new version of the iPhone but you can’t wait an hour to do your civil duty?! Give me a break!
The other thing that fires me up is that people say they get intimidated at the polls. If you don’t talk or yell at the people outside the polling place, you won’t get in an argument and be afraid to cast your vote. Clearly it’s time to require valid IDs for everyone voting, they could control these things and the whole process better.
Anyway, that’s the end of my rant. Stand in line and read your ballot since you can’t use your phone and stop complaining.