- Dude time. #neighborhoodwalk #playtime instagram.com/p/BwYLoA9B665/… 3 days ago
- Wonder if they are serving scrapple at the @shorebirds game that started at 10:35 today? #delmarvascrapple 4 days ago
- How is winter coming if GoT airs in the spring? 🤔 6 days ago
- Ump show in Boston as always. 1 week ago
- Nap time. instagram.com/p/BwNGJMgBeHk/… 1 week ago
- 2 RBI single for Davis! #birdland 1 week ago
- Replay of the balks? 1 week ago
a collection of random thoughts and ideas from me, her, and sometimes us
Monthly Archives: November 2012
November 6, 2012Posted by on
I know I haven’t blogged in months but it’s crazy to me that earlier today people were complaining about standing in line to vote. It’s your civil duty to vote. Hundreds of thousands of people have died over the years for our democracy and people will complain about taking part in it. I am sure if they went to countries in the Far East or Middle East, they will feel the opposite.
You’ll stand in line overnight to get 50% off of a TV on Black Friday or the new version of the iPhone but you can’t wait an hour to do your civil duty?! Give me a break!
The other thing that fires me up is that people say they get intimidated at the polls. If you don’t talk or yell at the people outside the polling place, you won’t get in an argument and be afraid to cast your vote. Clearly it’s time to require valid IDs for everyone voting, they could control these things and the whole process better.
Anyway, that’s the end of my rant. Stand in line and read your ballot since you can’t use your phone and stop complaining.