- Have never really gotten into St. Patrick’s Day but I did buy green mint Oreos at the food store today 👍🏼. 21 hours ago
- Some little people were very excited to get mail! #postcards instagram.com/p/BvFsJfHlU5B/… 1 day ago
- Cruisin’ into the weekend! #powerwheels #jeep #friyay instagram.com/p/BvDI_boFZnF/… 2 days ago
- While struggling through reading Fox in Socks with the kids, my daughter politely reminds me that Dr. Seuss uses words that rhyme. #dadlife 1 week ago
- #Terps seniors throwing up threes at the end of the game to get in the record book on senior night. I’m not even mad. 🤣 1 week ago
- Back over the summer, someone quit their job and went out on their own. It was a monumental decision. Leaving a car… twitter.com/i/web/status/1… 1 week ago
- Happy Anniversary @brittenpund! 9 years later and you still make every day better. You make us all better, day afte… twitter.com/i/web/status/1… 1 week ago
- Elon friends, hope you will join our family and support #ElonDay! We supported the @ElonPhoenixClub but there are m… twitter.com/i/web/status/1… 1 week ago
- Guess I’m Coach Zack now. #teeballseason instagram.com/p/BujomLvhdFg/… 2 weeks ago
- Great win by @elonmenshoops today! Future Phoenix really enjoyed it. #phoenixrising #caasports #familyouting @ SECU… twitter.com/i/web/status/1… 2 weeks ago
a collection of random thoughts and ideas from me, her, and sometimes us
July 10, 2011Posted by on
not sure about you guys, but summer time is one of my favorite times of the year. it combines two things i really enjoy, the beach and baseball. and although you can enjoy baseball all year around, there is nothing like sitting in the stands of the stadium.
the beach is a place i’ve enjoyed since being a kid and still enjoy as an adult. i just got back from being there over the 4th of july week. as i spent time at the outer banks, i continue enjoy it as a place that keeps me calm and serene. the sun, the surf, the sand, the salt air, i enjoy it all. and who doesn’t love a good tan?
as many others, when i think of america’s pastime, baseball immediately comes to mine. if there was one sport that is my number one, it is definitely baseball. as some might remember, my wife got us a partial game plan for the orioles this year and although the team hasn’t won in awhile, it’s something we enjoy doing together. and it is something i can teach her all i know. having played and umpired since being a young kid, i can say, i know a lot and have seen a lot. from the days of going to memorial stadium as a young kid and seeing stars of the late ’80s and ’90s to being at camden yards for 10-15 games a summer from being a kid to being an adult. this year i have also made it to nationals park for the first time and experienced my first non-baltimore stadium. nice little stadium they have down there in dc, but it’s no oriole park at camden yards. #justsaying. as well, my buddy and i are making our rounds to some of the minor league affiliates. on july 1st, we rode down and caught the shorebirds game and also got our manny machado bobbleheads. we even met @2131andBeyond finally. later this summer, we are going to make it to a game or two at bowie and next week, my wife and i are going to head to aberdeen to see the ironbirds and ripken stadium. we got tickets through my job so they were easy to get a hold of. i’ve wanted to see it since it was built and have driven around it several times, but this will be my first visit inside the stadium. we even went to an outer banks daredevils game as well. they are a summer wood bat league for college kids and are part of the coastal plain league. it’s really a neat experience and as one friend it’s probably like summer catch with freddie prince jr. haha, that’s almost true!
so any way, that’s what i’ve been up to this summer so far. i have some pretty good pictures from the fireworks on the beach the other day and will share those a few from my first visit to the shorebirds stadium once i get them downloaded. i really intend to blog more so look out!