- Dude time. #neighborhoodwalk #playtime instagram.com/p/BwYLoA9B665/… 9 hours ago
- Wonder if they are serving scrapple at the @shorebirds game that started at 10:35 today? #delmarvascrapple 18 hours ago
- How is winter coming if GoT airs in the spring? 🤔 3 days ago
- Ump show in Boston as always. 3 days ago
- Nap time. instagram.com/p/BwNGJMgBeHk/… 4 days ago
- 2 RBI single for Davis! #birdland 4 days ago
- Replay of the balks? 1 week ago
a collection of random thoughts and ideas from me, her, and sometimes us
mattress capital of the world?
March 10, 2012Posted by on
has anyone else noticed recently that columbia seems to be the mattress capital of the world? i hadn’t really noticed this until lately when one mattress store left the columbia crossing shopping center and 2 days later there was another one. maybe the sign just changed and it caught my eye, but after that i started noticing more and more of the these places. there is basically a mattress store in every strip mall if you haven’t noticed. and if there isn’t a mattress store, there is a furniture store that sells mattresses.
is there a need for this many mattress stores and how do they stay in business in a down economy? i know i haven’t bought a mattress in several years and with the price tag on these things, people are more likely to continue to stretch their bucks and not replace an older mattress. am i missing something here and should get a new mattress? i count at least 9 on the yellow pages site and several more in laurel and other parts of the county. i know howard county is big, but i’d imagine there isn’t a need for this many mattress stores.
what am i missing here and why does it seem columbia is the mattress capital of the world?!