- Have never really gotten into St. Patrick’s Day but I did buy green mint Oreos at the food store today 👍🏼. 21 hours ago
- Some little people were very excited to get mail! #postcards instagram.com/p/BvFsJfHlU5B/… 1 day ago
- Cruisin’ into the weekend! #powerwheels #jeep #friyay instagram.com/p/BvDI_boFZnF/… 2 days ago
- While struggling through reading Fox in Socks with the kids, my daughter politely reminds me that Dr. Seuss uses words that rhyme. #dadlife 1 week ago
- #Terps seniors throwing up threes at the end of the game to get in the record book on senior night. I’m not even mad. 🤣 1 week ago
- Back over the summer, someone quit their job and went out on their own. It was a monumental decision. Leaving a car… twitter.com/i/web/status/1… 1 week ago
- Happy Anniversary @brittenpund! 9 years later and you still make every day better. You make us all better, day afte… twitter.com/i/web/status/1… 1 week ago
- Elon friends, hope you will join our family and support #ElonDay! We supported the @ElonPhoenixClub but there are m… twitter.com/i/web/status/1… 1 week ago
- Guess I’m Coach Zack now. #teeballseason instagram.com/p/BujomLvhdFg/… 2 weeks ago
- Great win by @elonmenshoops today! Future Phoenix really enjoyed it. #phoenixrising #caasports #familyouting @ SECU… twitter.com/i/web/status/1… 2 weeks ago
a collection of random thoughts and ideas from me, her, and sometimes us
Updates: BBA and BBB
August 29, 2015Posted by on
Been a busy week or two. Last week, we took BBA to his follow up pediatric gastroenterology appointment. We really had no idea why we were going but come to find about jaundice and liver concerns fall under GI. Since his bilirubin levels hadn’t gone all the way to down to a normal level, the doctor (after an hour of trying to figure out why we were there and reading his chart) decided we would go on a 5 day medicine treatment to clear him out and then perform a HIDA test. If they didn’t prove to be useful, we would need to get a liver biopsy and possibly exploratory surgery by the end of the week. They were looking to run out a rare condition known as biliary artesia. After the 5 days of medicine and being on pins and needles assuming we would be the 1 in 10,000 they did the first test. We were scheduled to get follow up tests all day Wednesday every 4 hours.
Thankfully after the first set of tests, they could see the tracers and all the digestive organs and there are no problems with liver, gallbladder, bile ducts, etc. And we didn’t have to go back for any more. As well, his d bilirubin levels have come down from where they were and should be stabilizing around the normal level. Have to follow up in a month.
Next came an ultrasound on his arm to see of the blood clot from the PICC line in the hospital resolved itself. Another good result. No trace of the clot at all! At our follow up with pediatric hematology, we were officially removed from the blood thinner which means no more injections or ports in his leg. Down to oral medications.
Since then we have also been removed from another medicine. Hematology is trying to get up one of his numbers that relations to fighting infections. We have a follow up blood test for that this week.
Also have their 2 month checkup this coming week. Hard to believe it has already been two months! BBB meanwhile is a championship eater and burper. And generally sleeping through the night for a week or two. Both still need to work on tat pooping regularly thing but they byare coming around.