- I wonder where the people are whose cars are still in long term parking at BWI. 23 hours ago
- Happy Bobby Bonilla Day! 1 day ago
- She even drew the minor details like my missing hair, beard, and “blueberry” cheek. Kids are the best! #kidart… twitter.com/i/web/status/1… 2 days ago
- Why did we start calling them double rainbows instead of just two rainbows? 5 days ago
- The air high fives and fist bumps might be the best part. twitter.com/editti22/statu… 1 week ago
- If you want to watch the most ridiculous thing on Netflix, watch The Unauthorized Bash Brothers Experience. 1 week ago
- Back when you had to fill out thousands of All Star Game ballots for Orioles prize packs! https://t.co/NZJnuTPLO2 2 weeks ago
- Guy came into the bagel store without a mask. They ask him to put it on. “We’re 6 feet away, do you require them?”… twitter.com/i/web/status/1… 2 weeks ago
- Just over here crushing radish szn. #FarmerZack #lifeinthesuburbs #gardening instagram.com/p/CBWuc9RDp6S/… 2 weeks ago
a collection of random thoughts and ideas from me, her, and sometimes us
Tag Archives: grillfire
January 3, 2012Posted by on
last week was my birthday. the big 29 on the 29th. last year, we started a tradition of going to museum or somewhere different for my birthday. we saw the warhol exhibit at the BMA last year and this year we ventured down to the American Visionary Art Museum (AVAM). i bought the groupon for two a few months ago and it was a great deal so we figured we would put it together since the last couple we purchased we never got around to using in time and have expired.
although you can’t take photos inside, you can take photos outside which is were the attached are from. they have great and different art all around. we enjoyed many of them. i was pretty partial to the mario batali’s recipes on the paper plates and the toothpick city (can’t remember the name). everywhere you turned there was something different and intriguing to look at. the photo on the left is from the glass tree located in front of the museum. it was pretty crowded inside since it was a holiday week and we even saw a lot of families and younger visitors besides the hipsters that there there as well.
we tried to find something in the gift shop, but we couldn’t find anything that tickled our fancy. usually when visit somewhere new we usually purchase a pint glass. we started it over the summer and have grown a nice and random collection going. on the right is a iron little character in one of the outside exhibits. if you haven’t had a chance to check out the AVAM, we would certainly suggest it.
outside, there is also a very large egg made out of mirror pieces and i snapped this photo. one of my favorites in awhile and i tend to take alot of photos when visiting places. after the avam, we went to the abbey burger bistro. it was my second time visiting and we started out with the crab tots and then moved to a build your own burger. both were fantastic and we were stuffed when we walked out the doors. it was a nice little afternoon downtown.
for dinner, i had suggested we try somewhere new and the family gathered at George Martin’s Grillfire in The Hotel at Arundel Preserve which is near Arundel Mills. we had a fantastic dinner and time. it’s probably described as a new american cuisine restaurant. i got the petite filet since i was still somewhat full even after a post lunch nap! others got the meatloaf (a popular choice), ribs, crab cakes, avocado cobb salad, and the salmon wrap. everyone seemed to enjoy their including the free cheese bread they brought out time and time again after we ate the loaves. the wait staff was good and attentive and even brought us out some free desserts for the table after bee told them it was my birthday.
all in all it was a great birthday and i got a partial season ticket plan to see the orioles this summer so that was exciting!