- Have never really gotten into St. Patrick’s Day but I did buy green mint Oreos at the food store today 👍🏼. 21 hours ago
- Some little people were very excited to get mail! #postcards instagram.com/p/BvFsJfHlU5B/… 1 day ago
- Cruisin’ into the weekend! #powerwheels #jeep #friyay instagram.com/p/BvDI_boFZnF/… 2 days ago
- While struggling through reading Fox in Socks with the kids, my daughter politely reminds me that Dr. Seuss uses words that rhyme. #dadlife 1 week ago
- #Terps seniors throwing up threes at the end of the game to get in the record book on senior night. I’m not even mad. 🤣 1 week ago
- Back over the summer, someone quit their job and went out on their own. It was a monumental decision. Leaving a car… twitter.com/i/web/status/1… 1 week ago
- Happy Anniversary @brittenpund! 9 years later and you still make every day better. You make us all better, day afte… twitter.com/i/web/status/1… 1 week ago
- Elon friends, hope you will join our family and support #ElonDay! We supported the @ElonPhoenixClub but there are m… twitter.com/i/web/status/1… 1 week ago
- Guess I’m Coach Zack now. #teeballseason instagram.com/p/BujomLvhdFg/… 2 weeks ago
- Great win by @elonmenshoops today! Future Phoenix really enjoyed it. #phoenixrising #caasports #familyouting @ SECU… twitter.com/i/web/status/1… 2 weeks ago
a collection of random thoughts and ideas from me, her, and sometimes us
Tag Archives: jake arrieta
April 8, 2012Posted by on
as you probably know, i am a big orioles and baseball fan and with the 20th anniversary of camden yards coming up, my wife got us opening day tickets for christmas (or was it my birthday…). anyway, i’ve been to opening several times as a kid and my buddy dan and i went last year. this year, it was bee, myself, my dad, and dan and his dad. well, needless to say, we had a great time.
with all the new renovations to the stadium, we got down to the stadium early around 1230/1245 to take in the events. first we talked around the stadium on the outside to see the brooks robinson statue since we hadn’t been down that way since it was installed. with all the crazy people at pickles we stayed on the other side and took it in from afar. as we got into the eutaw street gate, we saw the new gino’s stand and the patio area above centerfield. we made our way from there to right field and watched some batting practice and then went over to left field and took in some more BP. i just missed a ball by a split second. guess i should have had my glove on instead of keeping it in our bag. haha.
our seats were in section 13, which is different than our partial ticket plan but still under cover. and boy was it windy under there. there was probably at 10 degree difference from the sun to the shade because of the winds that were whipping through the stadium friday. many of the renovations to the stadium looked nice and well done. can’t decide yet if i am fan of the new lower wall in right field. it’s kind of like when they moved home plate so they could add more seats to the stadium. guess we’ll see how it plays as t he year goes on. as the festivities went along and all the players got introduced, it was great to see markakis and wieters be presented with their well deserved gold glove awards. nick should probably have 2 or 3 by now, but you can’t argue giving him one for having an error-less season and playing more than 150 games in RF. the new rules in voting for gold gloves as probably helped make this possible finally.
the game turned out to be a great one too and arrieta pitched a gem. i knew the orioles would win. they have one of the top 3 win/loss records on opening day in all of major league baseball. i’m pretty sure the only boo’ing on the day was when kevin gregg was introduced. poor guy. then again, they might have boo’d troy patton too for letting up a 2 RBI home run in the 9th in. no one boo’d the caped crusader, er, field trespasser though as the baltimore police laid a nice tackle on him. we also missed it because we were in the concourse at the time when a police officer came running by us and down the tunnel.
all in all, it was a great time at the yard and a fun way to spend the day with some family, friends, and new comers to opening day in baltimore, aka a statewide holiday!