- RT @NCAA_FCS: Welcome to the FCS Playoffs! #FCSPlayoffs x 📸 @ElonFootball https://t.co/skXnMp8ZzA 2 weeks ago
- Just posted a photo instagram.com/p/ClC_7NMrKPt/… 2 weeks ago
- Happy Birthday @Wendys! You make a great burger. 3 weeks ago
- Another great Elon homecoming with family, friends, and friends who are family! #elonhome @ Rhodes Stadium instagram.com/p/CkpLvamL8On/… 1 month ago
- RT @RedditCFB: Elon defeats Delaware 27-7, marking the second time an Elon has taken over control of a blue bird this week https://t.co/mWX… 1 month ago
- No Mateo or Rutschman as Gold Glove finalists? What a joke. #Birdland 1 month ago
- 24 hours in Elon without kids! Whoa. Great to support the Night of the Phoenix, the Baseball Performance Center ded… twitter.com/i/web/status/1… 1 month ago
- RT @ElonBaseball: First MLB playoff game, first MLB save. Not too shabby 😎 Congrats to @gkirb98 and the Mariners on advancing to the ALDS!… 1 month ago
- Is there anything better than single admission doubleheaders? Thanks for being a bright spot, @orioles! Looking for… twitter.com/i/web/status/1… 2 months ago
- Let’s Go Phoenix! twitter.com/CAAFootball/st… 2 months ago
a collection of random thoughts and ideas from me, her, and sometimes us
Tag Archives: kings contrivance
March 26, 2011Posted by on
The other week we went to the Kings Contrivance Restaurant. We wanted to have a nice one year anniversary dinner, but didn’t want to drive downtown so we decided we would give it a shot.
I had heard lots of nice things about the restaurant and the food and it lived up to the words from others. We stayed away from the apps and salads, mostly because they all included things I wasn’t really interested in but I am sure they were good.
For dinner, my wife went with the Sea Scallops and although I didn’t try them she said they were fantastic. I, on the other hand, had the Beef Tenderloin Tips in a portabello mushroom sauce and a nice mashed potatoes. The beef tips were delicious and the sauce was rich and tasty, although I gave the mushroom pieces to her. They were large slices and I’m not a real big mushroom fan anyway.
For desert, we decided to get two and share. Although we had our wedding cake at home, I figured how many times do you celebrate your first wedding anniversary? Once! We got both a slice of chocolate cake and their Key Lime Pie. Both were rich and very yummy. The pie had a great tartness offset by the creamy texture of the filling. The chocolate cake was a thick double chocolate cake and was so tasty I even got some on my shirt. Haha.
All in all the night was great. We got a good, fine dining meal and didn’t have to drive downtown or put a tie on.
If you are looking for something similar for a special night, give it a try.