- Ryan Flaherty showing that his career batting average wasn’t the only thing he was good at. twitter.com/editti22/statu… 3 days ago
- What’s better than cotton candy the size of your head at a baseball game? #bowiebaysox @ Prince George's Stadium instagram.com/p/CT-zVfZrlPw/… 3 days ago
- Austin Homer Hays, eh?! #birdland 4 days ago
- “Gardy Party” might be the dumbest nickname/phrase in baseball. 6 days ago
- Space: The Infinite Frontier. #futureastronauts #telescopes instagram.com/p/CT0vG82LI7s/… 1 week ago
- #NeverForget 1 week ago
a collection of random thoughts and ideas from me, her, and sometimes us
Tag Archives: kings contrivance
March 26, 2011Posted by on
The other week we went to the Kings Contrivance Restaurant. We wanted to have a nice one year anniversary dinner, but didn’t want to drive downtown so we decided we would give it a shot.
I had heard lots of nice things about the restaurant and the food and it lived up to the words from others. We stayed away from the apps and salads, mostly because they all included things I wasn’t really interested in but I am sure they were good.
For dinner, my wife went with the Sea Scallops and although I didn’t try them she said they were fantastic. I, on the other hand, had the Beef Tenderloin Tips in a portabello mushroom sauce and a nice mashed potatoes. The beef tips were delicious and the sauce was rich and tasty, although I gave the mushroom pieces to her. They were large slices and I’m not a real big mushroom fan anyway.
For desert, we decided to get two and share. Although we had our wedding cake at home, I figured how many times do you celebrate your first wedding anniversary? Once! We got both a slice of chocolate cake and their Key Lime Pie. Both were rich and very yummy. The pie had a great tartness offset by the creamy texture of the filling. The chocolate cake was a thick double chocolate cake and was so tasty I even got some on my shirt. Haha.
All in all the night was great. We got a good, fine dining meal and didn’t have to drive downtown or put a tie on.
If you are looking for something similar for a special night, give it a try.