- Assumes 0-1 count from injured player and hits a 3 run bomb. Can't make that stuff up for the Orioles pitching staff this year. 10 hours ago
- As the song goes, "welcome to my house." #orioles #birdland #mybmore @ Oriole Park at Camden Yards instagram.com/p/BW3W80wB5Vz/ 14 hours ago
- Lady in the hallway at work yelling at her husband for eating a potato chip. 😂 1 day ago
- How sweep it is! #orioles #birdland #ilikeourguys 2 days ago
- Garden chic. #flamingos #socks instagram.com/p/BWyjZVhhvJY/ 2 days ago
- Gosh, it's fun to watch these guys light up someone's bullpen. #orioles 3 days ago
- Davis Grand Slam? Yes sir. #orioles #crushed #birdlandpowerco 4 days ago
- Great time at the @marylandzoo today. Who knew Mom Mom could stand like a flamingo? @ The… instagram.com/p/BWoI-lChXti/ 6 days ago
a collection of random thoughts and ideas from me, her, and sometimes us
Oakey’s Grill and Salads
February 17, 2011Posted by on
These are two completely different food reviews, but I decided to post them together.
If you are from Maryland and you don’t know about pit beef or don’t like it, it’s a shame. Oakey’s is a little pit beef and sandwich place in @EllicottCity and it’s definitely tasty. They do a good pit beef, probably not the best but it’s pretty good. You don’t get a lot of char on the meet, but you do get a nice juicy sandwich. It’s also a large sandwich. They also have pit ham, turkey, burgers, wings, etc. Lastly they also do a great hand cut french fry. Try some ranch dressing on them! @howchowblog did a review of a few years ago as well. Worth a visit if you are looking for a local pit beef place besides The Canopy. If you buy a shirt, Steve will give you $0.50 off your fries!
Salads… I enjoy a salad like most, but if there is one salad I can’t stand, it’s a spinach salad with walnuts, goat cheese, apples, and a raspberry vinegarette dressing. There are about 8 things wrong with this salad, but I tell you this because my buddy had us over for dinner and I got a text before that said, “do you like walnuts?” Well, I instantly knew they were serving this salad. Their’s had oranges and beets. I didn’t know it could get worse, but it did. Glad I refused to eat it. So to wrap up, if you invite me over for dinner, do not try and serve me this salad. Worst. Salad. Ever. In my humble opinion of course!