- Over the river and through the woods. #optoutside #swingingbridge #family @ Patapsco Valley State Park-Avalon instagram.com/p/CCRRRDwDmAC/… 5 hours ago
- 830-930 pm should be the limit on fireworks. No one cares after that. You aren’t cool because you spent $1000 tryin… twitter.com/i/web/status/1… 20 hours ago
- Big day in our house! Today, our twins turned 5. They are our superheroes. They are happy, smart, always excited,… twitter.com/i/web/status/1… 2 days ago
- I wonder where the people are whose cars are still in long term parking at BWI. 4 days ago
- Happy Bobby Bonilla Day! 4 days ago
- She even drew the minor details like my missing hair, beard, and “blueberry” cheek. Kids are the best! #kidart… twitter.com/i/web/status/1… 5 days ago
- Why did we start calling them double rainbows instead of just two rainbows? 1 week ago
a collection of random thoughts and ideas from me, her, and sometimes us
Oakey’s Grill and Salads
February 17, 2011Posted by on
These are two completely different food reviews, but I decided to post them together.
If you are from Maryland and you don’t know about pit beef or don’t like it, it’s a shame. Oakey’s is a little pit beef and sandwich place in @EllicottCity and it’s definitely tasty. They do a good pit beef, probably not the best but it’s pretty good. You don’t get a lot of char on the meet, but you do get a nice juicy sandwich. It’s also a large sandwich. They also have pit ham, turkey, burgers, wings, etc. Lastly they also do a great hand cut french fry. Try some ranch dressing on them! @howchowblog did a review of a few years ago as well. Worth a visit if you are looking for a local pit beef place besides The Canopy. If you buy a shirt, Steve will give you $0.50 off your fries!
Salads… I enjoy a salad like most, but if there is one salad I can’t stand, it’s a spinach salad with walnuts, goat cheese, apples, and a raspberry vinegarette dressing. There are about 8 things wrong with this salad, but I tell you this because my buddy had us over for dinner and I got a text before that said, “do you like walnuts?” Well, I instantly knew they were serving this salad. Their’s had oranges and beets. I didn’t know it could get worse, but it did. Glad I refused to eat it. So to wrap up, if you invite me over for dinner, do not try and serve me this salad. Worst. Salad. Ever. In my humble opinion of course!