- Have never really gotten into St. Patrick’s Day but I did buy green mint Oreos at the food store today 👍🏼. 21 hours ago
- Some little people were very excited to get mail! #postcards instagram.com/p/BvFsJfHlU5B/… 1 day ago
- Cruisin’ into the weekend! #powerwheels #jeep #friyay instagram.com/p/BvDI_boFZnF/… 2 days ago
- While struggling through reading Fox in Socks with the kids, my daughter politely reminds me that Dr. Seuss uses words that rhyme. #dadlife 1 week ago
- #Terps seniors throwing up threes at the end of the game to get in the record book on senior night. I’m not even mad. 🤣 1 week ago
- Back over the summer, someone quit their job and went out on their own. It was a monumental decision. Leaving a car… twitter.com/i/web/status/1… 1 week ago
- Happy Anniversary @brittenpund! 9 years later and you still make every day better. You make us all better, day afte… twitter.com/i/web/status/1… 1 week ago
- Elon friends, hope you will join our family and support #ElonDay! We supported the @ElonPhoenixClub but there are m… twitter.com/i/web/status/1… 1 week ago
- Guess I’m Coach Zack now. #teeballseason instagram.com/p/BujomLvhdFg/… 2 weeks ago
- Great win by @elonmenshoops today! Future Phoenix really enjoyed it. #phoenixrising #caasports #familyouting @ SECU… twitter.com/i/web/status/1… 2 weeks ago
a collection of random thoughts and ideas from me, her, and sometimes us
March 1, 2011Posted by on
This time last year I was rotating jobs and getting married all within the same week. What a way to go about things. Knocking out two big events in 6 days. Well here I am a year later and still in the job and more importantly, still married. It was a crazy year.
From the time we got married until now it’s been one thing after another. We went to another wedding, we made two trips to our alma mater were we serve on an alumni committee, we celebrated her birthday, enjoyed the beach, went to our Homecoming, another wedding, drove to Nebraska, went to a third wedding, ate lunch on the Mississippi River in Mark Twain’s hometown, celebrated the holidays with our family, celebrated my 28th birthday, laughed, cried, smiled, and just kept swimming.
This year, we have some fun plans too and we (read “I”) hope to document it with our cameras so we can show all our family and friends (and readers) what we are up to.
So with that, this Sunday, we will share in the newlywed tradition of eating your cake from last year and toast to an interesting year and exciting years to come. Happy Anniversary B! Love you.
Ps… why is it a tradition to eat freezer burnt cake anyway?