- Seeming fitting. “Practice what you know, and it will help to make clear what now you do not know.” - Rembrandt 4 days ago
- Land of the free, because of the brave. Thank you for those who serve and those who made the ultimate sacrifice. instagram.com/p/CAnKSu_Dw7g/… 1 week ago
- Game was great. Also, there’s probably still a scuff mark on the foul pole in Yankee Stadium from McLouth’s HR. twitter.com/Orioles/status… 1 week ago
- Are we just going to implode Harbor Place now? Is there anything left on that now that Ripley’s is gone? #baltimore 1 week ago
- As Olaf says, “water has memory.” Well, so does #timehop. Incredible timing to have these great photos of Pap, Peg,… twitter.com/i/web/status/1… 2 weeks ago
- There was an awful lot of people at Target today. 🤔🙄 2 weeks ago
- I like to ride my bicycle. 3 kids, 3 bikes. Better get a bigger shed! Someone got his first bike yesterday and wi… twitter.com/i/web/status/1… 2 weeks ago
a collection of random thoughts and ideas from me, her, and sometimes us
Length of Ballgames
August 8, 2011Posted by on
I don’t know about you guys, but a 4 plus hour game is out of control. And the game went into extra innings around, if not after, the 4 hour mark. The major league umpires have let this thing get out of control and although there aren’t any official timing rules, they need to do something.
Having seen Garcia pitch against the Orioles last week, you know that he took 10-15 seconds between pitches at least. Throws a pitch, gets the ball back, circles the mound, composes himself and then gets the next sign. What a load of junk. I am sure Beckett did the same thing and don’t get me started on Papelbon, who probably took a leisurely trip around the stadium before he came in.
The fact that the umpires continue to let these players and especially these two teams to continuously do this is a real shame.
Things like this are reasons why people are leaving the game, especially kids, and going to other sports. A soccer match is over in 90 minutes, maybe 2 hours without an extra half or period. Same with hockey, non stop action.
It’s time for MLB to start limiting time between innings with pitches, time between pitches, and paying more attention to time spent on visits to the mound. In a game that had a final score of 3-2, there is no way the game should have taken 4 hours and 15 minutes. The Orioles had an hour and 15 minute rain delay and then played a 6-2 game (and they won!) that only lasted just over 2 hours IN THE RAIN for half of the game.
Get it together, MLB!