- Futuristic jersey day! twitter.com/cut4/status/95… 1 day ago
- Good day for a #motivational sign. #singleparentforafewdays #wifeleftnotes instagram.com/p/Bd_o2DsBX7v/ 4 days ago
- Just over here teaching the kids how to throw a yo-yo like their Former Duncan Champion… instagram.com/p/Bd883j6BRKh/ 5 days ago
- Elmo! #naptime #4outof5ofusareasleep instagram.com/p/Bd5oAHHBgEl/ 6 days ago
- RT @TheCLJ: WTF is with people FaceTiming in public? No one wants to even HEAR your conversation, much less SEE it. 👵🏻😒 1 week ago
- #bubbles #adaptiveplay #whydidschoolcloseearly instagram.com/p/BdtZPW7hSvb/ 1 week ago
a collection of random thoughts and ideas from me, her, and sometimes us
Length of Ballgames
August 8, 2011Posted by on
I don’t know about you guys, but a 4 plus hour game is out of control. And the game went into extra innings around, if not after, the 4 hour mark. The major league umpires have let this thing get out of control and although there aren’t any official timing rules, they need to do something.
Having seen Garcia pitch against the Orioles last week, you know that he took 10-15 seconds between pitches at least. Throws a pitch, gets the ball back, circles the mound, composes himself and then gets the next sign. What a load of junk. I am sure Beckett did the same thing and don’t get me started on Papelbon, who probably took a leisurely trip around the stadium before he came in.
The fact that the umpires continue to let these players and especially these two teams to continuously do this is a real shame.
Things like this are reasons why people are leaving the game, especially kids, and going to other sports. A soccer match is over in 90 minutes, maybe 2 hours without an extra half or period. Same with hockey, non stop action.
It’s time for MLB to start limiting time between innings with pitches, time between pitches, and paying more attention to time spent on visits to the mound. In a game that had a final score of 3-2, there is no way the game should have taken 4 hours and 15 minutes. The Orioles had an hour and 15 minute rain delay and then played a 6-2 game (and they won!) that only lasted just over 2 hours IN THE RAIN for half of the game.
Get it together, MLB!