- .@brittenpund’s favorite holiday is Christmas. You probably already know that if you are on our card list since the… twitter.com/i/web/status/1… 5 hours ago
- Birds traded Bundy but I see Kyle Brnovich is in the return. Multiple @ElonBaseball members in the farm system now… twitter.com/i/web/status/1… 2 days ago
- RT @ElonPhoenixClub: Join us tomorrow on #ElonGivingTuesday and help us support our student-athletes! bit.ly/34HRmMB #phoenixrisi… 4 days ago
- RT @Ravens: Day 1: a signed @Lj_era8 helmet❗️ RT to win and #ProBowlVote for Lamar❗️ Win-win 😄 https://t.co/9eoSGM7HUz 5 days ago
- Doing Christmas things. 🌲. @ TLV Tree Farm instagram.com/p/B5gD1pTloML/… 6 days ago
- Working on our 🥇 backstroke. @ Goldfish Swim School - Columbia instagram.com/p/B5YqR_VFODP/… 1 week ago
- Just casually strolling through Michael’s, waving a flag and yelling “Go Elon”! instagram.com/p/B5P8cK_lA44/… 1 week ago
- Way to comeback and close out the season with a W! Great win boys! twitter.com/ElonFootball/s… 1 week ago
- That’s what I’m talking about! Let’s go boys! twitter.com/ElonMBasketbal… 2 weeks ago
- Recovery aided by a sweet card from his Great Aunt and Uncle! Thanks to all our family and friends who have checked… twitter.com/i/web/status/1… 2 weeks ago
a collection of random thoughts and ideas from me, her, and sometimes us
wondering . . .
April 12, 2012Posted by on
As I am sure it is apparent, ZP and I are young. We graduated from a college we loved with drive and passion and a vision of the jobs we wanted. And we got them. We have worked hard. Fast forward six years and I have found myself wondering . . . is this what I want to be doing and what is the next step?
This one is really hard for me for a handful of reasons.
- I am loyal. I committed to being in my job and I work hard to meet and exceed the expectations set of me. When I consider moving on, my biggest worry is letting people down and not following through on the commitment I have made.
- I am a planner. I like structure and consistency. I like knowing what to expect, good or bad, and being prepared for that.
- I am scared. What if the next step I take is the wrong one?
- I am rooted in tradition. Eons ago, people took a job and made it a career. They stayed where they were for decades. They made the best of their situation. They kept their head down. They excelled. And they saw a difference between working to live and living to work.
Side note: I thought I had that last one down until recently. For all the challenges in life, recently I have found that it has been far easier to work harder at what I am doing then to figure out my next move.
I wish I was more spontaneous. I wish I was less scared. I wish I knew what I really wanted to do in life (other than sit on a beach all day).
I am far from ready to take a leap of faith and I have no real idea if now is the time to take advantage of a fork in the road. I love the work that I do and the people that it affects. I just wonder . . .