- Driving on 695 shouldn't be this much of a pain. 1 day ago
- To celiac or not to, that is the question. @ Johns Hopkins Children's Center instagram.com/p/BaTs8bLhcCp/ 2 days ago
- "Dad, how do we get into that pool? Is there a dog over there?" . . . To have the zest for all… instagram.com/p/BaSKyZahjcS/ 2 days ago
- Why is the sound on Fox always so terrible and why is this game on Fox? 2 days ago
- How many more pumpkins would be picked if you had backyard pumpkins? (We had more than 12)… instagram.com/p/BaQAtYghrc1/ 3 days ago
- "Maybe we should go because I'm a good celebrator" - @littlepund in reference to the open house at @EllicottCityVFD. 3 days ago
- Anyone participating in the #tealpumpkinproject in #HoCo? #glutenfree 4 days ago
- RT @Orioles: #FridayThe13th could be your lucky day! Retweet for a chance to win a photo autographed by Manny Machado! #Birdland https://t.… 4 days ago
- This tweet didn't age well. twitter.com/zackpund/statu… 5 days ago
- The Nats might finally break thru and win a playoff series. 5 days ago
a collection of random thoughts and ideas from me, her, and sometimes us
Oh no, I had to stand in line
November 6, 2012Posted by on
I know I haven’t blogged in months but it’s crazy to me that earlier today people were complaining about standing in line to vote. It’s your civil duty to vote. Hundreds of thousands of people have died over the years for our democracy and people will complain about taking part in it. I am sure if they went to countries in the Far East or Middle East, they will feel the opposite.
You’ll stand in line overnight to get 50% off of a TV on Black Friday or the new version of the iPhone but you can’t wait an hour to do your civil duty?! Give me a break!
The other thing that fires me up is that people say they get intimidated at the polls. If you don’t talk or yell at the people outside the polling place, you won’t get in an argument and be afraid to cast your vote. Clearly it’s time to require valid IDs for everyone voting, they could control these things and the whole process better.
Anyway, that’s the end of my rant. Stand in line and read your ballot since you can’t use your phone and stop complaining.