- “Does this foam wedge make me heavy?” - @littlerpund. Now 24 hours post surgery. Lots of love, screaming, intense m… twitter.com/i/web/status/1… 2 days ago
- Tiny feet, here we wait. #littlelion #surgeryday @ Johns Hopkins Children's Center instagram.com/p/B4uxM4XjDyN/… 3 days ago
- When @brittenpund doesn’t want @littlestpund to throw the football anymore 🤣 instagram.com/p/B4p1BDrD1jW/… 5 days ago
- Future pinball wizard. #pinball #gameswithdad #dadlife instagram.com/p/B4oBGpbD5ZC/… 6 days ago
- Homecoming! One of our favorite weekends. Friends, family, people we haven’t seen in years. Always a great time whe… twitter.com/i/web/status/1… 1 week ago
- Anyone check in on Montreal and see how they feel about their team winning the #WorldSeries? 2 weeks ago
- CBS carrying Denver game locally. Oh the irony. 2 weeks ago
- When you are making dinner for 14 and don’t have time to put ice on your injury. Can’t stop her. #birthdayparty… twitter.com/i/web/status/1… 2 weeks ago
a collection of random thoughts and ideas from me, her, and sometimes us
Tag Archives: bowie baysox
October 17, 2011Posted by on
21 Orioles Games
1 Shorebirds Game
1 Ironbirds Game
2 Baysox Games
2 Nationals Games
1 Nebraska Football Game
2 Ravens Games
2 Elon BBall Games (at MD and at Navy)
1 Baltimore Grand Prix
From starting about this time last year, it’s been a fun year of attending sporting events. As a big baseball fan, I’ve always enjoyed going to numerous games a year at Oriole Park at Camden Yards, but the variety increased this year. Last October, I attended my first professional football game. Sat on the 50 yard line about 30 rows from the field. Fantastic time and nothing like corporate seats. Shortly after that, we made our way to Nebraska to see my wife’s dad. There we had the opportunity to attend the Nebraska vs. Missouri game, a great rivalry and exciting game. It was their 306th or 309th consecutive sell out. I have a separate blog post on here all about our trip if you are interested.
As the fall turned into winter, Elon’s basketball team travelled for the season to play teams locally and we saw them at Maryland and Navy around the holidays. We had a great alumni attendance at both games and certainly gave Maryland a run for their money. (Should I mention we also went to 1 or 2 Elon football games? They play 1-AA in football in the SoCon.)
At the end of the year, I found out for my birthday, Bee got me/us a partial game season ticket plan for the Orioles. Section 15 if you want to see us out there next year! Between FanFest and the season starting, I laid low with getting some autographs and collectibles. As spring started, I made it to my first opening day, with my buddy Dan, since I was in high school. We had a blast and were ready for what we thought would be a great season. Between season tickets, random Friday or Saturday games, giveaway nights or alumni games, I made it to at least 21 games. In between, we went to the Shorebirds and Baysox games for bobblehead giveaways. I also finally made it out to the Ironbirds stadium after 10 years for a work night at the the game. Hadn’t been to a minor league game in years. I also finally made it to Nationals stadium, once to see the Orioles and once with Bee’s family when they were in town. Nice place but I still enjoy OPaCY! Even wrangled in a batting practice ball at a Orioles game and a foul ball at a Baysox game. The ball hawks weren’t around at the time. Haha.
Once the season wound down, we got to the much anticipated Grand Prix. I made my way down to practice and had a good time. Lots going on and lots of energy. Neat experience but couldn’t go the rest of the weekend since we were going to the beach for the holiday.
And as we end up in October again, I got to go to another Ravens game for the weekend. Another corporate section and hospitality tent event. What a way to tailgate! This time it was Bee’s first professional football game and we won to boot. Talk about a loud, rowdy environment at M&T Bank these days.
I’m not really a fan of professional basketball and only a semi casual fan of hockey so who knows if I attend something like that soon but we shall see what the next year of sports brings. I know it will include lots of Orioles games though!