- How about dem O’s?! https://t.co/bkZR0BPy1P 22 hours ago
- Thanks to all those great Americans who have and continue to serve this wonderful country! #VeteransDay 3 days ago
- Schar Center! There’s a first time for everything and Friday was it’s night. Thanks to all those that made the new… twitter.com/i/web/status/1… 3 days ago
- Tailgating after a game is always a strong choice andnit wasn’t terribly cold then. @lindseygbaker @brittenpund twitter.com/halterk/status… 4 days ago
- You know you are a super fans when the guys of @elon7amtailgate give you your official hat. #tailgating #elon instagram.com/p/BqBW08lHIR1/… 4 days ago
- Swiss cheese defense today. #ravens 1 week ago
- Listening to @ElonFootball online is like being there. @MattKrausePxP @ElonPhoenix #elonhome 1 week ago
- She really is incredible. #happyhalloween instagram.com/p/BpnmuT7A82k/… 2 weeks ago
- I think our tight ends hope they catch the ball so they can try hurdling someone. #ravens 2 weeks ago
- Game over. 2 weeks ago
a collection of random thoughts and ideas from me, her, and sometimes us
Tag Archives: Navy
October 17, 2011Posted by on
21 Orioles Games
1 Shorebirds Game
1 Ironbirds Game
2 Baysox Games
2 Nationals Games
1 Nebraska Football Game
2 Ravens Games
2 Elon BBall Games (at MD and at Navy)
1 Baltimore Grand Prix
From starting about this time last year, it’s been a fun year of attending sporting events. As a big baseball fan, I’ve always enjoyed going to numerous games a year at Oriole Park at Camden Yards, but the variety increased this year. Last October, I attended my first professional football game. Sat on the 50 yard line about 30 rows from the field. Fantastic time and nothing like corporate seats. Shortly after that, we made our way to Nebraska to see my wife’s dad. There we had the opportunity to attend the Nebraska vs. Missouri game, a great rivalry and exciting game. It was their 306th or 309th consecutive sell out. I have a separate blog post on here all about our trip if you are interested.
As the fall turned into winter, Elon’s basketball team travelled for the season to play teams locally and we saw them at Maryland and Navy around the holidays. We had a great alumni attendance at both games and certainly gave Maryland a run for their money. (Should I mention we also went to 1 or 2 Elon football games? They play 1-AA in football in the SoCon.)
At the end of the year, I found out for my birthday, Bee got me/us a partial game season ticket plan for the Orioles. Section 15 if you want to see us out there next year! Between FanFest and the season starting, I laid low with getting some autographs and collectibles. As spring started, I made it to my first opening day, with my buddy Dan, since I was in high school. We had a blast and were ready for what we thought would be a great season. Between season tickets, random Friday or Saturday games, giveaway nights or alumni games, I made it to at least 21 games. In between, we went to the Shorebirds and Baysox games for bobblehead giveaways. I also finally made it out to the Ironbirds stadium after 10 years for a work night at the the game. Hadn’t been to a minor league game in years. I also finally made it to Nationals stadium, once to see the Orioles and once with Bee’s family when they were in town. Nice place but I still enjoy OPaCY! Even wrangled in a batting practice ball at a Orioles game and a foul ball at a Baysox game. The ball hawks weren’t around at the time. Haha.
Once the season wound down, we got to the much anticipated Grand Prix. I made my way down to practice and had a good time. Lots going on and lots of energy. Neat experience but couldn’t go the rest of the weekend since we were going to the beach for the holiday.
And as we end up in October again, I got to go to another Ravens game for the weekend. Another corporate section and hospitality tent event. What a way to tailgate! This time it was Bee’s first professional football game and we won to boot. Talk about a loud, rowdy environment at M&T Bank these days.
I’m not really a fan of professional basketball and only a semi casual fan of hockey so who knows if I attend something like that soon but we shall see what the next year of sports brings. I know it will include lots of Orioles games though!