- Someone learned about Mother’s Day at school and his teacher said you can make something for someone you love. So I… twitter.com/i/web/status/1… 3 hours ago
- Two claps and a Ric Flair for @JMeans25! #orioles #birdland https://t.co/qtyp5tfvRV 2 days ago
- John Means! 2 days ago
- Still applies. twitter.com/zackpund/statu… 3 days ago
- Been awhile. #Birdland @ Oriole Park at Camden Yards instagram.com/p/COQi54dLV4n/… 1 week ago
- Boom! Congratulations! twitter.com/ElonWSoccer/st… 2 weeks ago
- Big yard sale day in the neighborhood. Easily the worst day of the year! And who buys other peoples junk during a pandemic? 3 weeks ago
- The runner on second base in extra innings has to be the worst rule in baseball. 1 month ago
- If the Orioles are going completely cashless this season for concessions, does that mean no vendors in the stands?… twitter.com/i/web/status/1… 1 month ago
a collection of random thoughts and ideas from me, her, and sometimes us
Tag Archives: home alone
November 24, 2011Posted by on
Happy Thanksgiving to everyone! This time of the year everyone writes posts about what they are thankful for and I could do the same. I can tell you that I am thankful for my wife, family, friends, having a job, and all those great things. And I am thankful for those things, but lately I am just thankful when I fell and fractured my ribs two Sundays ago, I didn’t hit my head.
I was home alone and my wife had been out of town all week when, as we have been calling it, I went splat. Slipped went aerial and came down on my ribs on the side of the tub. So as of lately and as I continue to recover, I am thankful I didn’t hit my head as well as the fact that my dad drove me to the hospital.
It was “The Great Fall of 2011” and it wasn’t glorious but wasn’t the worst it could have been.
Hope everyone has a joyous holiday today and takes care. If you see me out, pass on the hug as my ribs are still pretty sore!
(The attached photo is what’s left of the bruise on my arm. My back didn’t bruise surprisingly.)