- RT @RichNowalk: Don’t delay @elonalumni. We have #championships to win on and off the field next year. twitter.com/elonphoenixclu… 1 day ago
- RT @elonphoenixclub: Members of the Phoenix Club help provide student-athletes the opportunity to take part in global experience trips! Con… 3 days ago
- Congratulations and welcome to @elonalumni status to all of today’s graduates! #ElonGrad @elonuniversity 5 days ago
- RT @elonphoenixclub: 66 student-athletes earn degrees from @elonuniversity today...Phoenix Club member support is critical and our student-… 6 days ago
- Impressive homer by Schoop. #birdland 6 days ago
- RT @elonphoenixclub: Phoenix Club members have impacted the lives of all 6️⃣6️⃣ student-athletes graduating this weekend! Continue your sup… 1 week ago
- Brian Dozier doesn’t approve. #unwrittenrules twitter.com/wbaldash/statu… 1 week ago
- RT @elonphoenixclub: Just 1️⃣5️⃣ days remain until the membership year ends! Click below for more details. bit.ly/2IkHIVi 1 week ago
- RT @Orioles: ⚾️ Rookie battery mates @hess_express28 & @chance_sis12 were kind enough to sign this baseball between games...Retweet for a c… 1 week ago
a collection of random thoughts and ideas from me, her, and sometimes us
Tag Archives: home alone
November 24, 2011Posted by on
Happy Thanksgiving to everyone! This time of the year everyone writes posts about what they are thankful for and I could do the same. I can tell you that I am thankful for my wife, family, friends, having a job, and all those great things. And I am thankful for those things, but lately I am just thankful when I fell and fractured my ribs two Sundays ago, I didn’t hit my head.
I was home alone and my wife had been out of town all week when, as we have been calling it, I went splat. Slipped went aerial and came down on my ribs on the side of the tub. So as of lately and as I continue to recover, I am thankful I didn’t hit my head as well as the fact that my dad drove me to the hospital.
It was “The Great Fall of 2011” and it wasn’t glorious but wasn’t the worst it could have been.
Hope everyone has a joyous holiday today and takes care. If you see me out, pass on the hug as my ribs are still pretty sore!
(The attached photo is what’s left of the bruise on my arm. My back didn’t bruise surprisingly.)