- How about dem O’s?! https://t.co/bkZR0BPy1P 22 hours ago
- Thanks to all those great Americans who have and continue to serve this wonderful country! #VeteransDay 3 days ago
- Schar Center! There’s a first time for everything and Friday was it’s night. Thanks to all those that made the new… twitter.com/i/web/status/1… 3 days ago
- Tailgating after a game is always a strong choice andnit wasn’t terribly cold then. @lindseygbaker @brittenpund twitter.com/halterk/status… 4 days ago
- You know you are a super fans when the guys of @elon7amtailgate give you your official hat. #tailgating #elon instagram.com/p/BqBW08lHIR1/… 4 days ago
- Swiss cheese defense today. #ravens 1 week ago
- Listening to @ElonFootball online is like being there. @MattKrausePxP @ElonPhoenix #elonhome 1 week ago
- She really is incredible. #happyhalloween instagram.com/p/BpnmuT7A82k/… 2 weeks ago
- I think our tight ends hope they catch the ball so they can try hurdling someone. #ravens 2 weeks ago
- Game over. 2 weeks ago
a collection of random thoughts and ideas from me, her, and sometimes us
Tag Archives: thanksgiving
November 24, 2011Posted by on
Happy Thanksgiving to everyone! This time of the year everyone writes posts about what they are thankful for and I could do the same. I can tell you that I am thankful for my wife, family, friends, having a job, and all those great things. And I am thankful for those things, but lately I am just thankful when I fell and fractured my ribs two Sundays ago, I didn’t hit my head.
I was home alone and my wife had been out of town all week when, as we have been calling it, I went splat. Slipped went aerial and came down on my ribs on the side of the tub. So as of lately and as I continue to recover, I am thankful I didn’t hit my head as well as the fact that my dad drove me to the hospital.
It was “The Great Fall of 2011” and it wasn’t glorious but wasn’t the worst it could have been.
Hope everyone has a joyous holiday today and takes care. If you see me out, pass on the hug as my ribs are still pretty sore!
(The attached photo is what’s left of the bruise on my arm. My back didn’t bruise surprisingly.)
November 24, 2010Posted by on
every year at this time, we look back and think and talk about what we are thankful for. it is something that we need to do more often, but is often looked past in the daily routine of work, friends, social activities, etc. thinking about this year and what i am thankful for, it’s hard to just think of one thing, but most of all, i am thankful to be putting this wild year behind us.
the prior year ended with a wild finish and the 2010 got started off the same way. 40 some inches of snow in february postponed her bridal shower and had many of us sweating bullets that it would melt away in time for our big day. well it did and almost 9 months ago, bee and i got married. it was everything we wanted it to be and more than we probably wanted to handle. we celebrated and quickly returned to reality with family issues that caused a large divide. lucky, she had me to lean on and we yelled, cried, screamed, ran away, and have started to move forward from those days.
summer came and went. some things changed and some things stayed the same. we spent some time at the beach, but not as much as usual and we even spent her birthday apart, although, she got to see fireworks in disney world on the 4th of july. it was her first time there and she loves fireworks and magic, so where else would one want to be. everyone i’ve talked to this year has talked about how fast it has gone by. well the same seemed to happen here. october came around and we drove to nebraska to see her dad. it was a great trip and brought up a lot of emotions. it was a very good, but trying trip and we got to see some more of this great country. (ps… i started choking on fritos while typing this, so i apologize if any spit is on this post 😉 )
so as we come to this thanksgiving and the holiday season and look back on this wild year, we can both be thankful for the experiences and thankful that the year is over. we are thankful that we are moving forward to new experiences and hopefully better ones. with that, i ask you, what are you thankful for?
oh yeah, i took the picture of the flower to the left at the omaha zoo in nebraska.