- 👀 @Pirates... 4 hours ago
- We don’t only pick fruits and veggies out of our own garden. Good picking today for #pickyourown #raspberries 👍🏼.… twitter.com/i/web/status/1… 2 days ago
- You battle all year and then you have to face Dellin Betances in a rehab start in game 4 of the EL Championship. To… twitter.com/i/web/status/1… 3 days ago
- #NeverForget 5 days ago
- Radishes! Kids really wanted to grow radishes for their Pop Pop’s birthday. Well they did just that. Nevermind the… twitter.com/i/web/status/1… 6 days ago
- Apparently there was a small cloud of rain above me on the way out of the Oriole Game! #dadlife #fathersonsouting… twitter.com/i/web/status/1… 1 week ago
- Summer vacation had to unfortunately end sooner or later! #beachbums #obx @ Kill Devil Hills, North Carolina instagram.com/p/B17lRD2DMmd/… 2 weeks ago
- Santander has really come alive since he told the announcers how to pronounce his name correctly. 🤷🏼♂️ #orioles #birdland 2 weeks ago
a collection of random thoughts and ideas from me, her, and sometimes us
no, i wasn’t texting while driving
November 19, 2011Posted by on
has anyone noticed that everyone is still texting while driving? last year, maryland took the first steps into the giving out fines for texting while driving, but it was a secondary offense so no one really cared. now this year, back in october, the new texting law went into affect and yet everyone is still texting while driving.
on a daily basis, i see lots of people texting while driving (myself included on occasion). the most interesting person i’ve notice that are texting while driving is the police. all levels of police, local, state, auxiliary, etc. and all the time. i guess no one, including law enforcement, still cares about the new texting while driving law in maryland.
per the baltimore sun politics blog on sept 30th:
Drivers who are ticketed can still choose to accept guilt and pay a $70 fine (plus one point on their license). If the texting leads to an accident, accepting guilt means an automatic $110 fine and three points.
Drivers who contest the tickets and lose in court will be guilty of a misdemeanor and have to pay the full $500.
guess everyone will just plead guilty and not care about the fine/point if they get caught? i’ll pass. not worth the point or the fine.
oh yeah, and don’t forget to watch out for new speed cameras in Howard County! locations are listed on the police website and it’s a $40 fine if caught.