- The runner on second base in extra innings has to be the worst rule in baseball. 4 days ago
- If the Orioles are going completely cashless this season for concessions, does that mean no vendors in the stands?… twitter.com/i/web/status/1… 6 days ago
- Do we still want the universal DH? twitter.com/CBSSports/stat… 1 week ago
- Happy Easter from the Bunny Boozana! Not sure the flamingos noticed the free candy though which was probably a go… twitter.com/i/web/status/1… 1 week ago
- Looks like we get to run this one back! twitter.com/zackpund/statu… 1 week ago
- Still undefeated! #orioles 1 week ago
- Undefeated. #orioles 1 week ago
- Big day! Let’s go O’s! #OpeningDay https://t.co/4fdwLIlZEh 1 week ago
- Sometimes you just need a hug. #siblings #hugs instagram.com/p/CM0uRxRrSx0/… 2 weeks ago
a collection of random thoughts and ideas from me, her, and sometimes us
no, i wasn’t texting while driving
November 19, 2011Posted by on
has anyone noticed that everyone is still texting while driving? last year, maryland took the first steps into the giving out fines for texting while driving, but it was a secondary offense so no one really cared. now this year, back in october, the new texting law went into affect and yet everyone is still texting while driving.
on a daily basis, i see lots of people texting while driving (myself included on occasion). the most interesting person i’ve notice that are texting while driving is the police. all levels of police, local, state, auxiliary, etc. and all the time. i guess no one, including law enforcement, still cares about the new texting while driving law in maryland.
per the baltimore sun politics blog on sept 30th:
Drivers who are ticketed can still choose to accept guilt and pay a $70 fine (plus one point on their license). If the texting leads to an accident, accepting guilt means an automatic $110 fine and three points.
Drivers who contest the tickets and lose in court will be guilty of a misdemeanor and have to pay the full $500.
guess everyone will just plead guilty and not care about the fine/point if they get caught? i’ll pass. not worth the point or the fine.
oh yeah, and don’t forget to watch out for new speed cameras in Howard County! locations are listed on the police website and it’s a $40 fine if caught.