- This is the end of conventions as we know them, right? No one will want to go to an enclosed space with lots of peo… twitter.com/i/web/status/1… 1 day ago
- You know we are in bad shape when people on the Neighborhood app are posting about Costco having toilet paper! https://t.co/8O3KZqcBdg 4 days ago
- She did it! #bike #notrainingwheels #optoutside instagram.com/p/B-R2X7rDZI6/… 4 days ago
- Happy #OpeningDayAtHome #Birdland! instagram.com/p/B-OBFw3DE17/… 5 days ago
- Getting into family stained glass chalk art like everyone else. #quarintinelife #chalkart instagram.com/p/B-BCSCVDX-N/… 1 week ago
- Afternoon activities with the kids! Nailed it! #kidactivities #chocolateworld instagram.com/p/B9-BCbyDTtp/… 1 week ago
- .@littlestpund has been missing his best friend since this whole thing started so the kids FaceTimed this afternoon… twitter.com/i/web/status/1… 1 week ago
- Available for rent: 4.5 yr old, likes to mop and dance/talk, a lot. Big helper. You supply the mop/swiffer. instagram.com/p/B90H5RSDIjs/… 2 weeks ago
- What a great day! twitter.com/editti22/statu… 2 weeks ago
a collection of random thoughts and ideas from me, her, and sometimes us
Tag Archives: driving
November 19, 2011Posted by on
has anyone noticed that everyone is still texting while driving? last year, maryland took the first steps into the giving out fines for texting while driving, but it was a secondary offense so no one really cared. now this year, back in october, the new texting law went into affect and yet everyone is still texting while driving.
on a daily basis, i see lots of people texting while driving (myself included on occasion). the most interesting person i’ve notice that are texting while driving is the police. all levels of police, local, state, auxiliary, etc. and all the time. i guess no one, including law enforcement, still cares about the new texting while driving law in maryland.
per the baltimore sun politics blog on sept 30th:
Drivers who are ticketed can still choose to accept guilt and pay a $70 fine (plus one point on their license). If the texting leads to an accident, accepting guilt means an automatic $110 fine and three points.
Drivers who contest the tickets and lose in court will be guilty of a misdemeanor and have to pay the full $500.
guess everyone will just plead guilty and not care about the fine/point if they get caught? i’ll pass. not worth the point or the fine.
oh yeah, and don’t forget to watch out for new speed cameras in Howard County! locations are listed on the police website and it’s a $40 fine if caught.
November 13, 2010Posted by on
during the week of halloween, my wife and made a trip to see her father in nebraska. since i don’t fly, we drove from maryland to lincoln, nebraska. she refers to it as the great nebraska adventure. i refer to it as 2,655 miles in 7 days and 40 plus hours in the car. nonetheless, it certainly was an adventure.
having never left the east coast in my life and enjoying car rides, i assumed this trip to a neat way to see some more of this great country. well, we did see a lot of somethings and nothing of others. once we got past the middle of ohio, all we saw for endless hours were cornfields and silos. no wonder they called the midwest, the dust bowl. not only did we see cornfields and silos, we saw lots of roadkill. we counted over 45 deer and easily 100+ other types. everything from squirrels and raccoons to skunks and cats.
the people of nebraska are nice people. kind of what i would expect from good farmer working people; however, they do have some interesting places outside of maryland. in PA, we saw the Eat ‘N Park. there was Tom Raper’s RV’s in the Indiana or Illnois. And to save the best for last, in Lincoln, we saw the Git ‘N Split and the Kum ‘N Go. of course, there was also sinclair’s gas station, which had a large dinosaur in front of the sign.
while we out there, we also got to go to a nebraska football game. if there’s one thing they out there it’s nebraska football. it was the 309th consecutive sellout. stadium only holds 85,907 fans. pretty small really 😉
all and all, it was an interesting place and an interesting trip. we got to see her dad for the first time since march and we had an adventure. also got to go to 6 states i had never been to before!