- Adley triples on Matt Wieters birthday who also tripled for his first hit. Isn’t baseball fun? #birdland 3 hours ago
- Say it louder for the people in the back. Let’s go! twitter.com/orioles/status… 16 hours ago
- RT @MLBNetwork: Let's meet the 2022 @Orioles 👋 @markdero7 | #MLBCentral https://t.co/tMFsCqqSwg 6 days ago
- On Sunday’s, we wear pink (and purple toes). #flamingofoot instagram.com/p/CdlK3KorOZ6/… 6 days ago
- Someone made their little league pitching debut last night! #proudparents #latergram @ Kiwanis-Wallas Park instagram.com/p/Cdf4p5NrM_5/… 1 week ago
- Happy Mother’s Day, Britten! The best mom our 3 little people could ask for! PS… good thing I broke my ankle the w… twitter.com/i/web/status/1… 1 week ago
- RT @PodcastBirdy: 🚨🚨🚨GIVEAWAY TIME🚨🚨🚨 Austin Hays is heating up and we’re here to add to the fun for you! Here we have a JSA certified Aus… 2 weeks ago
- How was that call not overturned? #orioles #birdland 2 weeks ago
a collection of random thoughts and ideas from me, her, and sometimes us
January 1, 2012Posted by on
last week, bee and i went to to see mission impossible: ghost protocol. we ended up seeing it in IMAX at the AMC in Columbia. i always try to go to late morning or early afternoon movies to avoid large crowds so we found ourselves at the 12:30 showing. it was the first movie theatre visit for bee in at least 2 years and her first time ever at an IMAX showing. we both really enjoyed the movie although her feet didnt touch the floor while sitting all the way back in the chair. haha.
quick review: overall, it was a pretty good action movie and one of the better ones that i have seen lately. they worked in many of the things mission impossible has been known for over the years like face masks. if you are a fan of the series, like i am, you will be pleased with that part. tom cruise continued his role as ethan hunt and was good in this one as well. jeremy renner’s character, william brandt, was weaved into the plot line nicely and without making you question the prior movies or what he was doing there. the other member’s of ethan’s team worked out well and rounded out the story, as well as the bad guy. the story line and the bad guy’s attempt at destroying the world are something we can all see based on the world’s current events and wasn’t as far fetched as it could’ve been. i was a little worried about simon pegg, who played benji dunn, and was the goofy tech guy who couldn’t pass the field ops tests but eventually did after repeated tries. pegg is known more of his comedic value and although he did add a few good jokes every now and then, played the role in the movie well. one thing, i didn’t like was the intro into the movie. as the beginning credits rolled, you basically got to see small clips of the movie throughout intermingled with credits for the actors in the movie. it gave away a little too much of the movie in my opinion.
the movie in IMAX is the way to go if you have one near you and can afford it. we had some gift certificates that bee had gotten from work, so we paid the extra $10 for the IMAX viewing. the sound and the locations of the movie are really enhanced because of it, but i am sure it would look good in standard definition as well.
one hint for families or folks who don’t want to spend a lot on concessions, buy the kids pack. you’ll get a small soda, small popcorn, and fruit snacks for just $6.25 and if you use the bathroom before the start of the movie, you won’t have to get up part way through the film.