- The runner on second base in extra innings has to be the worst rule in baseball. 4 days ago
- If the Orioles are going completely cashless this season for concessions, does that mean no vendors in the stands?… twitter.com/i/web/status/1… 6 days ago
- Do we still want the universal DH? twitter.com/CBSSports/stat… 1 week ago
- Happy Easter from the Bunny Boozana! Not sure the flamingos noticed the free candy though which was probably a go… twitter.com/i/web/status/1… 1 week ago
- Looks like we get to run this one back! twitter.com/zackpund/statu… 1 week ago
- Still undefeated! #orioles 1 week ago
- Undefeated. #orioles 1 week ago
- Big day! Let’s go O’s! #OpeningDay https://t.co/4fdwLIlZEh 1 week ago
- Sometimes you just need a hug. #siblings #hugs instagram.com/p/CM0uRxRrSx0/… 2 weeks ago
a collection of random thoughts and ideas from me, her, and sometimes us
our week with lucy
January 2, 2012Posted by on
for the last 10 days, we have been watching lucy, our friends dog. she is a cute beagle mix that is full of energy.
having never had a dog, bee was a little apprehensive and excited at the same time. i grew up with a sheltie so i’ve always been a fan of dogs and knew what to expect and how to handle it.
we got off to a little of a rough start because lucy hadn’t been away from her parents for an extended period of time and it took the better part of a day to get used to use and not being home. usually they had someone watch her at their house so it was a new environment for her. the first night, she was up and down most of the night and didn’t sleep much, but once she settled in, she was great. she followed us everywhere and wanted to play consistently like most little high energy dogs.
all in all, it was a great week and she can visit any time but i don’t see us getting a dog soon. maybe it was because it was a new place, but she liked to follow us around and get into everything, which didn’t bother us but after a certain point, it got a little old. haha. they were great napping partners while we were off all week. bee also didn’t seem to appreciate that dogs shed everywhere before we got her but she knows now! we are already doing loads of laundry because our blankets are covered in short hair.
all in all, we enjoyed taking care of her, but we were happy to have the house back to ourselves. it was new and different experience and we didn’t kill her so there is that! below are a few photos of her.