- RT @ElonBaseball: RECAP: We rally in the last of the eighth to earn Coach Kennedy win No. 7️⃣0️⃣0️⃣! bit.ly/2HxBF2f 5 hours ago
- RT @CNBCnow: Former President George W. Bush on the death of his mother, former First Lady Barbara Bush — “Our souls are settled because we… 1 day ago
- RT @elonphoenix: For the first time in 68 years, @ElonMensHoops will host UNC on Nov. 9 in its regular season opener. https://t.co/AGdYJUjV… 2 days ago
- RT @elonphoenixclub: Elon Phoenix Club Advisory Board meeting today on campus. Enjoying the @elonphoenix student-athlete panel.#whywedowhat… 4 days ago
- Schar Center looking sharp. #fall2018 #letsgo @ Elon University instagram.com/p/Bhl0b2iHCio/ 4 days ago
- Apparently not all the kids enjoyed the fire truck at their unexpected fire drill today but ours loved every minute of it. 6 days ago
- The “MLB Notebook” layout on MASN is terrible looking. 1 week ago
- Well that escalated quickly. #orioles 1 week ago
- Machado bomb! That was a beauty. #birdland 1 week ago
- 😆. #elmo #doctor #saycheese instagram.com/p/BhVJtoiHIM4/ 1 week ago
a collection of random thoughts and ideas from me, her, and sometimes us
our week with lucy
January 2, 2012Posted by on
for the last 10 days, we have been watching lucy, our friends dog. she is a cute beagle mix that is full of energy.
having never had a dog, bee was a little apprehensive and excited at the same time. i grew up with a sheltie so i’ve always been a fan of dogs and knew what to expect and how to handle it.
we got off to a little of a rough start because lucy hadn’t been away from her parents for an extended period of time and it took the better part of a day to get used to use and not being home. usually they had someone watch her at their house so it was a new environment for her. the first night, she was up and down most of the night and didn’t sleep much, but once she settled in, she was great. she followed us everywhere and wanted to play consistently like most little high energy dogs.
all in all, it was a great week and she can visit any time but i don’t see us getting a dog soon. maybe it was because it was a new place, but she liked to follow us around and get into everything, which didn’t bother us but after a certain point, it got a little old. haha. they were great napping partners while we were off all week. bee also didn’t seem to appreciate that dogs shed everywhere before we got her but she knows now! we are already doing loads of laundry because our blankets are covered in short hair.
all in all, we enjoyed taking care of her, but we were happy to have the house back to ourselves. it was new and different experience and we didn’t kill her so there is that! below are a few photos of her.