- Spent Friday night supporting our student athletes at the Night of the Phoenix! An incredible $380k was raised to h… twitter.com/i/web/status/1… 4 hours ago
- RT @ElonPhoenixClub: Here we go! Bid NOW on Night of the Phoenix items with our online auction! Bidding starts this morning, and will run… 3 days ago
- Valentine’s Day was a day my FIL really enjoyed. It’s never been a big holiday for her and I. She prefers flowers o… twitter.com/i/web/status/1… 1 week ago
- Pitchers and Catchers! Let’s Go! #birdland https://t.co/pU8XToDfbh 1 week ago
- Just a couple of best friends catching up and talking baseball at the Birdland Caravan. #birdland #orioles instagram.com/p/B8VD-FiD-wm/… 2 weeks ago
- Alright alright alright! Let’s go! twitter.com/ElonMBasketbal… 2 weeks ago
a collection of random thoughts and ideas from me, her, and sometimes us
Tag Archives: old friends
November 9, 2011Posted by on
It’s interesting living in the same community that you grew up in. Although I grew up in Ellicott City and now live in Columbia, we all visit the same places because it’s essentially one in the same in Howard County.
Lately, I’ve seen alot of the people I grew up with. I ran into an old high school friend at Bagel Bin two weeks ago when I was grabbing breakfast randomly on my day off. Then this past Saturday I saw another old friend at the Columbia Mall and we were reminiscing about when we came to the mall as kids and it was the cool thing to do. Now it sometimes seems more like a chore. Interesting how things have changed. She also has 3 kids so things have really changed from when we middle schoolers riding the bus to school.
My mom even went to a baby shower for an old friend of mine whose wife is having their first child next month. All of our close friends’ moms were there updating everyone on each others kids so in less than 2 weeks, I’ve gotten updates on half of the kids I grew up with. With that and my lifelong best friend living in DC, it is a small world.
Unfortunately our 10 year high school reunion got cancelled so I will just have to see all those other kids around town instead.