- RT @RichNowalk: Don’t delay @elonalumni. We have #championships to win on and off the field next year. twitter.com/elonphoenixclu… 1 day ago
- RT @elonphoenixclub: Members of the Phoenix Club help provide student-athletes the opportunity to take part in global experience trips! Con… 3 days ago
- Congratulations and welcome to @elonalumni status to all of today’s graduates! #ElonGrad @elonuniversity 5 days ago
- RT @elonphoenixclub: 66 student-athletes earn degrees from @elonuniversity today...Phoenix Club member support is critical and our student-… 6 days ago
- Impressive homer by Schoop. #birdland 6 days ago
- RT @elonphoenixclub: Phoenix Club members have impacted the lives of all 6️⃣6️⃣ student-athletes graduating this weekend! Continue your sup… 1 week ago
- Brian Dozier doesn’t approve. #unwrittenrules twitter.com/wbaldash/statu… 1 week ago
- RT @elonphoenixclub: Just 1️⃣5️⃣ days remain until the membership year ends! Click below for more details. bit.ly/2IkHIVi 1 week ago
- RT @Orioles: ⚾️ Rookie battery mates @hess_express28 & @chance_sis12 were kind enough to sign this baseball between games...Retweet for a c… 1 week ago
a collection of random thoughts and ideas from me, her, and sometimes us
Tag Archives: river hill high school
November 9, 2011Posted by on
It’s interesting living in the same community that you grew up in. Although I grew up in Ellicott City and now live in Columbia, we all visit the same places because it’s essentially one in the same in Howard County.
Lately, I’ve seen alot of the people I grew up with. I ran into an old high school friend at Bagel Bin two weeks ago when I was grabbing breakfast randomly on my day off. Then this past Saturday I saw another old friend at the Columbia Mall and we were reminiscing about when we came to the mall as kids and it was the cool thing to do. Now it sometimes seems more like a chore. Interesting how things have changed. She also has 3 kids so things have really changed from when we middle schoolers riding the bus to school.
My mom even went to a baby shower for an old friend of mine whose wife is having their first child next month. All of our close friends’ moms were there updating everyone on each others kids so in less than 2 weeks, I’ve gotten updates on half of the kids I grew up with. With that and my lifelong best friend living in DC, it is a small world.
Unfortunately our 10 year high school reunion got cancelled so I will just have to see all those other kids around town instead.