- Happy Birthday to our favorite daughter! Our first child, our favorite flamingo. You reminded us what it was like t… twitter.com/i/web/status/1… 3 days ago
- Gardner getting tossed for “no reason” just brightens my day! 1 week ago
- Maybe Hyde should at the pitching staff instead of Davis... 🤷🏼♂️ 1 week ago
- August 6 zackpund.com/2019/08/06/aug… 1 week ago
- Over 2 hours to go 5 1/3 with Tanaka on the mound. Pretty sure I fell asleep twice. 1 week ago
- What an incredibly bad call. And review. Ugh. 1 week ago
- Every ball hit by a Yankee tonight, their fans act like it’s not a routine flyball. Clearly big fans. 1 week ago
- Hanging with @littlerpund and our BFFS. #dadlife #littleventures @ The Maryland Zoo in Baltimore instagram.com/p/B0wd2PvjAVt/… 2 weeks ago
a collection of random thoughts and ideas from me, her, and sometimes us
Tag Archives: owes
August 1, 2011Posted by on
Well it hasn’t just been a song in Top Gun in our house lately. Since the flood, we have been living in 2 to 3 rooms of our house and one of them is half torn up.
The kitchen is missing half the lament (sp?) floor and part of the sub floor. Our stove rocks since one of the legs isn’t on the the main floor but instead its on the old vinyl. Our fridge, which caused the problem to begin with, is in front of our sink and dishwasher. We can’t really move it anywhere because part of the floor is the sub floor.
My movie room/man room has been emptied and all my stuff is in our spare bedroom and office. We can still do laundry, surprisingly. That room is a mess too, but functional for laundry.
Our contractor is coming tomorrow to hopefully fix all the drywall. So at almost two weeks in we are beginning to see some progress. No new floors until the contractor is done though so our kitchen will br rocking until then, pun intended.
And did I mention my wife’s dad and family are in town from Nebraska?!
Ps… I’m sorry to all those that don’t have a dishwasher and after 4 days we got the water back on!
July 21, 2011Posted by on
so last night, almost exactly 2 years after the house flooded for the first time, it happened again. same plastic pipe broke but in a different spot. the pipe carries the water to the fridge for ice and water dispensing on the door. since the pipe cracked and it’s a compression hose so that when you want water from the fridge, you get it, it keeps running until there is the right amount of pressure on it. it probably ran for 7 or 8 hours at the most and wasn’t as bad as the first time it broke. serv pro is here working on the demolition to get the water out and has set up fans and dehumidifiers to dry the place out.
this is not the type of thing you want to experience once, let alone twice in two years. hopefully state farm won’t drop me! the picture above is from the kitchen where they have pulled up the lament flooring. the water ran downstairs and messed up my man room and the laundry room. hopefully none of the electronics will be messed up either! i think all my dvds have survived thus far.
there are good things about being a home owner, but this is a serious woe!