- Well that was a heck of a comeback. 1 week ago
- Another big win! Let’s go! twitter.com/ElonPhoenix/st… 1 week ago
- Man, they really grew some big pumpkins at @larrilandfarm this year. #pumpkinpatch #october #pickyourown @ Larrilan… twitter.com/i/web/status/1… 1 week ago
- Blue Jays are Charlie Brown and Lucy, the Red Sox. https://t.co/oScCXeq04g 2 weeks ago
- What a win for the maroon and gold! twitter.com/ElonPhoenix/st… 2 weeks ago
- Free the zebras! twitter.com/nytimes/status… https://t.co/KwU1CDNkcz 2 weeks ago
- Dudes watching baseball. #birdland @ Oriole Park at Camden Yards instagram.com/p/CURFJ-0rP6A/… 3 weeks ago
- Pat The Bat coming through! #Birdland 3 weeks ago
a collection of random thoughts and ideas from me, her, and sometimes us
the great nebraska adventure
November 13, 2010Posted by on
during the week of halloween, my wife and made a trip to see her father in nebraska. since i don’t fly, we drove from maryland to lincoln, nebraska. she refers to it as the great nebraska adventure. i refer to it as 2,655 miles in 7 days and 40 plus hours in the car. nonetheless, it certainly was an adventure.
having never left the east coast in my life and enjoying car rides, i assumed this trip to a neat way to see some more of this great country. well, we did see a lot of somethings and nothing of others. once we got past the middle of ohio, all we saw for endless hours were cornfields and silos. no wonder they called the midwest, the dust bowl. not only did we see cornfields and silos, we saw lots of roadkill. we counted over 45 deer and easily 100+ other types. everything from squirrels and raccoons to skunks and cats.
the people of nebraska are nice people. kind of what i would expect from good farmer working people; however, they do have some interesting places outside of maryland. in PA, we saw the Eat ‘N Park. there was Tom Raper’s RV’s in the Indiana or Illnois. And to save the best for last, in Lincoln, we saw the Git ‘N Split and the Kum ‘N Go. of course, there was also sinclair’s gas station, which had a large dinosaur in front of the sign.
while we out there, we also got to go to a nebraska football game. if there’s one thing they out there it’s nebraska football. it was the 309th consecutive sellout. stadium only holds 85,907 fans. pretty small really 😉
all and all, it was an interesting place and an interesting trip. we got to see her dad for the first time since march and we had an adventure. also got to go to 6 states i had never been to before!