- The swing plays but that Adley stache definitely does not play. 🤣#Birdland 3 days ago
- Between the is Lamar at mini camp talk and the Angelos statement this morning, local sports radio sounds like nails on the chalkboard. 1 week ago
- Just posted a photo instagram.com/p/CepPcwDr7I3/… 2 weeks ago
- Adley with mimic of the umpire’s call is the best part. twitter.com/Orioles/status… 3 weeks ago
- With Grayson Rodriguez likely going to the IL, is it going to be DL Hall call up time? #birdland 3 weeks ago
- Happy Memorial Day! Thank you to all those who have served and scarified their lives for us! #mdw #usa #chalkart instagram.com/p/CeMDKPhLN1X/… 3 weeks ago
- Bats were hot tonight. Look out! #Birdland 1 month ago
- The O’s are hot! #birdland 1 month ago
- Adley triples on Matt Wieters birthday who also tripled for his first hit. Isn’t baseball fun? #birdland 1 month ago
a collection of random thoughts and ideas from me, her, and sometimes us
what are you thankful for?
November 24, 2010Posted by on
every year at this time, we look back and think and talk about what we are thankful for. it is something that we need to do more often, but is often looked past in the daily routine of work, friends, social activities, etc. thinking about this year and what i am thankful for, it’s hard to just think of one thing, but most of all, i am thankful to be putting this wild year behind us.
the prior year ended with a wild finish and the 2010 got started off the same way. 40 some inches of snow in february postponed her bridal shower and had many of us sweating bullets that it would melt away in time for our big day. well it did and almost 9 months ago, bee and i got married. it was everything we wanted it to be and more than we probably wanted to handle. we celebrated and quickly returned to reality with family issues that caused a large divide. lucky, she had me to lean on and we yelled, cried, screamed, ran away, and have started to move forward from those days.
summer came and went. some things changed and some things stayed the same. we spent some time at the beach, but not as much as usual and we even spent her birthday apart, although, she got to see fireworks in disney world on the 4th of july. it was her first time there and she loves fireworks and magic, so where else would one want to be. everyone i’ve talked to this year has talked about how fast it has gone by. well the same seemed to happen here. october came around and we drove to nebraska to see her dad. it was a great trip and brought up a lot of emotions. it was a very good, but trying trip and we got to see some more of this great country. (ps… i started choking on fritos while typing this, so i apologize if any spit is on this post 😉 )
so as we come to this thanksgiving and the holiday season and look back on this wild year, we can both be thankful for the experiences and thankful that the year is over. we are thankful that we are moving forward to new experiences and hopefully better ones. with that, i ask you, what are you thankful for?
oh yeah, i took the picture of the flower to the left at the omaha zoo in nebraska.