- Why do the Eagles keep Carson Wentz around? 1 week ago
- Not our day. #Ravens 1 week ago
- #bestnine. Big year, let’s go! (Probably should make more flags.) instagram.com/p/BsHVfg9H9SN/… 2 weeks ago
- What happened to the Underminer in #Incredibles2? He just escapes and no one tries to find him? 2 weeks ago
- Thanks @BORRM! It’s not often we go places lately that are as accessible as we might need. We asked if places were… twitter.com/i/web/status/1… 2 weeks ago
- Choo Choo. (@ B & O Railroad Museum - @borrm in Baltimore, MD) swarmapp.com/c/a60P6oLwxQE 2 weeks ago
- #ThisIs36. Apparently, I talk to Echo too much so my daughter requested an echo dot cake for my birthday. As a kid,… twitter.com/i/web/status/1… 2 weeks ago
- .@littlepund is really resting my math skills. 2 weeks ago
- Maybe the sign shouldn’t be on the speaker? 🤔 https://t.co/AE5JqtNYDZ 2 weeks ago
- RT @ElonPhoenixClub: Only a couple more days to make an impact on our student-athletes in 2018. Be sure to get your last donations in today… 2 weeks ago
a collection of random thoughts and ideas from me, her, and sometimes us
April 20, 2011Posted by on
So the other morning, I went and had an MRI. Nothing major, mostly for exploratory reasons. Everyone has seen an MRI machine on TV before so I knew what to expect. Ultimately it is what I would expect space travel to be like.
You get slid into a tube that isn’t much bigger than you body and they start the machine. At first, I was wondering if I was in Star Wars or outer space with all the wild noises, but after the internet radio kicked on, it wasn’t bad. A little Jimmy Buffett to sooth the soul.
I can understand why anyone with spaces issues would flip out, but I was really calm. Really the hardest part was trying to lay still for 45 minutes. Not to sound rude, but the tube was only a little bigger than me, especially after they strap a cage over your face and put a mirror over your face so you can see your feet/end of the tube, so is there a special MRI machine for obese people? Was thinking about that after I left.
Anyway, just thoughts that were on the mind.