- RT @NCAA_FCS: Welcome to the FCS Playoffs! #FCSPlayoffs x 📸 @ElonFootball https://t.co/skXnMp8ZzA 2 weeks ago
- Just posted a photo instagram.com/p/ClC_7NMrKPt/… 2 weeks ago
- Happy Birthday @Wendys! You make a great burger. 3 weeks ago
- Another great Elon homecoming with family, friends, and friends who are family! #elonhome @ Rhodes Stadium instagram.com/p/CkpLvamL8On/… 1 month ago
- RT @RedditCFB: Elon defeats Delaware 27-7, marking the second time an Elon has taken over control of a blue bird this week https://t.co/mWX… 1 month ago
- No Mateo or Rutschman as Gold Glove finalists? What a joke. #Birdland 1 month ago
- 24 hours in Elon without kids! Whoa. Great to support the Night of the Phoenix, the Baseball Performance Center ded… twitter.com/i/web/status/1… 1 month ago
- RT @ElonBaseball: First MLB playoff game, first MLB save. Not too shabby 😎 Congrats to @gkirb98 and the Mariners on advancing to the ALDS!… 1 month ago
- Is there anything better than single admission doubleheaders? Thanks for being a bright spot, @orioles! Looking for… twitter.com/i/web/status/1… 2 months ago
- Let’s Go Phoenix! twitter.com/CAAFootball/st… 2 months ago
a collection of random thoughts and ideas from me, her, and sometimes us
Tag Archives: christmas
January 2, 2012Posted by on
for the last 10 days, we have been watching lucy, our friends dog. she is a cute beagle mix that is full of energy.
having never had a dog, bee was a little apprehensive and excited at the same time. i grew up with a sheltie so i’ve always been a fan of dogs and knew what to expect and how to handle it.
we got off to a little of a rough start because lucy hadn’t been away from her parents for an extended period of time and it took the better part of a day to get used to use and not being home. usually they had someone watch her at their house so it was a new environment for her. the first night, she was up and down most of the night and didn’t sleep much, but once she settled in, she was great. she followed us everywhere and wanted to play consistently like most little high energy dogs.
all in all, it was a great week and she can visit any time but i don’t see us getting a dog soon. maybe it was because it was a new place, but she liked to follow us around and get into everything, which didn’t bother us but after a certain point, it got a little old. haha. they were great napping partners while we were off all week. bee also didn’t seem to appreciate that dogs shed everywhere before we got her but she knows now! we are already doing loads of laundry because our blankets are covered in short hair.
all in all, we enjoyed taking care of her, but we were happy to have the house back to ourselves. it was new and different experience and we didn’t kill her so there is that! below are a few photos of her.