- June 25/26 vs SD. #orioles vs Manny 1 hour ago
- A careful curated box of recipes as well as a translated recipe book recently arrived at our house. Generations of… twitter.com/i/web/status/1… 2 days ago
- RT @elonuniversity: Thanks to all the friends of @ElonPhoenix for a great night of philanthropy and fellowship at the Night of the Phoenix.… 3 days ago
- Go buy something and support student athlete scholarships! twitter.com/elonphoenix/st… 4 days ago
- Great #Elon event and auction items! twitter.com/elonphoenix/st… 5 days ago
- It might look nice but it sure wasn’t. #hoco #ellicottcity #iced instagram.com/p/BtzjnWrBcxS/… 6 days ago
- 6 years since the #Ravens Super Bowl parade. 1 week ago
- Lady working at @Potbelly today sold us a soda cup knowing the soda machine wasn’t working and then looked surprise… twitter.com/i/web/status/1… 2 weeks ago
- Just hanging with my guy Chris Davis at @Orioles Fanfest! #bigfella #crusher #orioles #fanfest #letsgoOs #mybmore @… twitter.com/i/web/status/1… 3 weeks ago
- #Orioles #fanfest (@ Baltimore Convention Center in Baltimore, MD) swarmapp.com/c/7631UN7kowP 3 weeks ago
a collection of random thoughts and ideas from me, her, and sometimes us
Tag Archives: twins
April 27, 2016Posted by on
as we mentioned, we were starting with some developmental therapy for BBA. last friday was his first visit with his physical therapist and it is off to a good success.
we worked with him and the therapist for an hour last friday. our first objectives are to get him to start sitting properly and to open his hands. she showed us several easy to use and easy to do techniques to get started. BBA will visit for PT once a week to help break down his exciser tone. we have been working with him since friday and he is both receptive and doing well with the exercises. we may be getting a chair to help with his sitting for day care as well as splints to help keep him hands from being clinched all the time. depending in the week, his therapy will be in home or at day care.
many of the exercises can and will fit into our regular routine and the easy to do positions will fit right into family live and the craziness that is 3 kids under 3. more updates later.
April 17, 2016Posted by on
about two weeks ago, we had the twins 9 month doctors appointment. our pediatrician is actually an NP and has been with us every step of the way since @littlepund was born. it was to be a normal appointment with all the usual stuff. since we’ve been talking to the infants and toddlers team on BBA’s developmental delays, there was a lot to discuss. as the normal charts and activities occurred, we got into his measurements.
his head circumference has been an issue and at this visit it measures 17.25. last month it was 16.25 at the neurologist. b would refer to it as presnickity (sp?) (bad english is my first language).
annnyyywayyy, this growth moved him from the 1st percentile aka smallest to the 15th based on age so we are seeing some good growth and back in the chart!
b and i shot each other these looks of awe and amazement. and in that instance, we were both choking back tears and not jumping up out of our chairs for a chest bump. b couldn’t talk so my response, “you just made her year.” and she had.
he is still 1st for length and height but tracking beautifully with the curve and just an inch of less shorter than BBB. to quote the pediatrician, he has petite features.
we have also noticed an increased amount of releasing and flexibility in his hands and extremities. that’s a top priority when we start PT this week.
in case there was any question, BBB aka the box of rocks is in the 83rd percentile for weight.
so there you have it, some positive news. hard to believe it’s been 9 months. time sees to fly by as much as it has been at a stand still. from those weeks in the hospital to marking each month and week by doctor’s appointments, specialists visits, ER trips, fights to get the proper medicine, surgery, it’s been one giant blur that has been crystal clear.