- Congratulations to all the new @elonalumni out there today! A very wise friend always says, “the world needs Elon g… twitter.com/i/web/status/1… 1 day ago
- 6 cars just started backing up down 295 to get out of traffic. #mdtraffic https://t.co/RuiGlGQFFm 3 days ago
- Sitting in completely stopped traffic on 295N trying to get to the @Orioles game. Completely miserable. Might make it by the 3rd inning. 3 days ago
- When your father-in-law is a retired softball coach, you just sit back and enjoy the moment. #cbl #teeballszn… twitter.com/i/web/status/1… 6 days ago
- #fbf for dbh819’s birthday. 30 years of friendship and almost 20 with the other guys. Happy Birthday Daniel!… twitter.com/i/web/status/1… 1 week ago
- There’s a bunch of jokers doing the Ric Flair “woohoo” in CLE. 4+ hours of Indians v Orioles will drive a guy crazy. 1 week ago
- Did it rain in NY all day or is Yankees just a dump and they couldn’t make the field playable? 1 week ago
- Happy Mother’s Day! The stakes are high as a parent. There are a zillion things to do and fight through but we le… twitter.com/i/web/status/1… 1 week ago
- Another W in the books. #CoachZack #teeballszn #CBL @ Jeffers Hill Elementary instagram.com/p/BxXJlbPHpsi/… 1 week ago
a collection of random thoughts and ideas from me, her, and sometimes us
a bit of positive news
April 17, 2016Posted by on
about two weeks ago, we had the twins 9 month doctors appointment. our pediatrician is actually an NP and has been with us every step of the way since @littlepund was born. it was to be a normal appointment with all the usual stuff. since we’ve been talking to the infants and toddlers team on BBA’s developmental delays, there was a lot to discuss. as the normal charts and activities occurred, we got into his measurements.
his head circumference has been an issue and at this visit it measures 17.25. last month it was 16.25 at the neurologist. b would refer to it as presnickity (sp?) (bad english is my first language).
annnyyywayyy, this growth moved him from the 1st percentile aka smallest to the 15th based on age so we are seeing some good growth and back in the chart!
b and i shot each other these looks of awe and amazement. and in that instance, we were both choking back tears and not jumping up out of our chairs for a chest bump. b couldn’t talk so my response, “you just made her year.” and she had.
he is still 1st for length and height but tracking beautifully with the curve and just an inch of less shorter than BBB. to quote the pediatrician, he has petite features.
we have also noticed an increased amount of releasing and flexibility in his hands and extremities. that’s a top priority when we start PT this week.
in case there was any question, BBB aka the box of rocks is in the 83rd percentile for weight.
so there you have it, some positive news. hard to believe it’s been 9 months. time sees to fly by as much as it has been at a stand still. from those weeks in the hospital to marking each month and week by doctor’s appointments, specialists visits, ER trips, fights to get the proper medicine, surgery, it’s been one giant blur that has been crystal clear.